26. Recovering

1 week later

Matteo was sitting in the living room of the compound with Tyro in his lap. He didn't quite understand how the whole grounded situation worked still since he's never been grounded before. It was always just abuse or him getting locked up for the bad things he did when he was at hydra. So to be good he just either drew or color, and just nap all day. Since Nat told him he wasn't aloud to play with his Lego's and watch tv for the remanding time. Matteo didn't mind, he had more time to rest and heal from the Lagos incident.

Matteo also has been having nightmares again, and he's to afraid to say anything again so he just deals with the lack of sleep and the haunting nights. Matteo was so close to going to Nat's room 2 nights ago but all he ever did was just look up at the night sky and hold Tyro close to him. Matteo also has been healing really quickly. To Tony's surprise he's been healing up nice and fast, and he probably thinks it's because of how he has super speed. But Matteo is glad that he's not in pain anymore but he still has small scars and bruises from the Explosion.

Matteo sat up as he let out a loud yawn, he we honestly just bored, and he wasn't in the mood for coloring. So he just got up from the couch and held Tyro close to him. Matteo then started to head up to the floor where everyone rooms are, and by that it was only His and the two Woman's floor. As Matteo made it up to the floor he walked through the compound hallway before he bumped into Wanda. Matteo did a little grunt before he looked up at Wanda with a scared look "s-sorry!.." he said before he looked down at the floor. Wanda looked like she wasn't fazed by him, all she did was look down at Matteo before she shook it off and walked off. Matteo did a sad sigh and kept his head down "(nice talk..Love you to...)" Matteo said quietly before he kept on walking towards his room.

As Matteo was about to enter his room he just stopped and looked at the door, he then looked down the hall towards Anaya room. Even though he barely talked to her after he had a full on sit down talk about his grounding he never talked to her since he was either asleep or just coloring in his room. And or she has been out training in the training room or out with Steve and Wanda. Matteo felt lonely and really tired, he just was tired of how he couldn't get a good nights rest without a nightmare happening. So he just started to head to Nat's room.

As Matteo stood in front of Nat's room he took a shaky breath in before he knocked. "N-Natty?.." Matteo called out. Matteo waited for a minute before at opened the door, she looked like she woke up from a nap. "s-sorry..I didn't mean to wake you u-up.." Matteo said quietly before he was about to leave. "I'll go.." Matteo said but Nat stopped him. "Bug Whats wrong? You ok?.and it's ok. I needed to get up anyway to come check on you." Nat said as she rubbed the tiredness out of her eye looking down at Matteo. "Um..can i stay with you?..p-please?..I'm tired..and I'm lonely..a-and everytime I s-sleep I get nightmares m-natty.." Matteo said sadly. Nat's heart ached for the young boy, so she just picked him up and rubbed his back. "Well I'm here. You always know that. So let's get back to napping then." Nat said as she then closed the door behind her.

Nat walked over to the bed and set Matteo down. Matteo held onto Tyro then went to his side of the bed where he used to sleep. Nat smiled at him before she turned the lights off and shut the curtains again. As she started to climb back into bed she noticed Matteo just playing with the little fuzz on his Dino toy. "Bug? What's wrong? Hm?" Nat asked as she looked at him. "I-I keep seeing t-the explosions that happened..I'm scared.." Matteo said sadly before he looked at Nat with glossy eyes. "Oh baby.." Nat said sadly as she put her hand on Matteo's cheek. Matteo just put his small hand over Nat's and looked at her. "Come here bug." Nat said as she brought Matteo close to her.

Matteo sniffled a little before he felt the warmth of Nat, he then started to feel safe again, and calmer. "I got you bug..just rest. I'll protect you from the nightmares again baby bug.." Nat stated as she then kissed the top of Matteo's head. Matteo smiled alittle before he then started to feel himself start to finally drift asleep. As Nat noticed Matteo starting to fall asleep she smiled at pulled the covers up more, she then also drifted asleep with matteo in her arms out of the nightmares way.