Newsletter #56: 01.01.2022

So 2021 was clearly a shitshow for me.

Looking back over my Far Horizon post a year ago just...hurts.

I didn't do almost anything I laid out for myself.

Normally I like to go in depth with what's going on in my life, but as time has gone on I've found myself a little more reluctant to. I'm not completely sure why, just a gut instinct. I think part of it is people are probably tired of hearing about it, those few who actually read this. So as for why so little got done in 2021? Basically, I got extremely busy with things not related to fan fiction, and my mental health kamikazed. I also just really, really got burned out on DOOM and Halo, but felt too guilty to fire up any new projects. Which is probably for the best, since I wouldn't have finished those, either.

The good news is that my mental health seems to be on the rebound. The bad news is that the busyness isn't going to go away. If anything, it's just going to increase. The other good news about that is that part of the busyness, hopefully, is that I intend to start writing more Sci-Fi/Horror and Action-Horror original novels. This will not be related to The Shadow Wars. I want to go back to my old idea of starting up a new pen name.

I have the name picked out and a lot of ideas ready to go. I've decided I'm going to post first novels for free over on WattPad, under a brand new profile that has my new pen name. I will also publish them over on the Kindle and make paperbacks available. I hope to get this started this year.

So what does this mean for fan fiction? Basically, anytime I'm working on fan fiction, it will be related to The DOOM Chronicles until Episode Three is complete. After that, I will shift focus to finishing Episode One of Nerves of Steele. I have no idea how long this will take. I will be attempting to make time for it whenever I can, but obviously that hasn't panned out well at all over the last year.

That's about all I got: I will try to work on DOOM, and I will be trying to get some original Sci-Fi/Horror written.

Also, I decided to go old school. Changed up the design of my website and relabeled myself Obsidian Thirteen. It just felt right.

I hope this year goes well for you, and if you're still here putting up with my bullshit, I really appreciate it and will try to minimize the bullshit as much as I can.