Chapter 13 : The Quest

Start from the beginning

"No clue." Seraph shook her head.

"Earth!" Hekapoo unraveled the scroll, "That's why I'm inviting you two. You can help me get around this world better."

"Where on Earth?" Marco asked.

Hekapoo glanced at the scroll and pulled out a modern day map of Earth, "Okay, let's see. I think you call it Paris."

"France or Texas?" Marco asked.

Glancing at it again, Hekapoo answered. "France."

A lot of the people still around picked up on the location.

Marco quickly grabbed the scroll. "So you're saying this is a quest to a foreign land, solving riddles and puzzles and daring challenges all just to get some ancient magical relic?"

"Yeah, that sums it up."

Marco squealed before pulling out his scissors and opening a portal, running into it. No one expected that.

"So, is that a normal human reaction?" Hekapoo looked around.

Just as confused, the others just shook their heads.

"Yeah, didn't think so." Hekapoo turned to her daughter. "So, how was your day at school?"

"Pretty good, we're starting a new book. It looks like it's gonna be an interesting read."

"What is it about?"

"About Mocking Birds and why they sing,"

"Sounds fun."

I would not be.

Marco quickly jumped out of the portal, now wearing his black leather jacket, a leather fedora and carrying a whip.

"I finally get to live out my Indiana Jones fantasy."

"A trip with your baby mama and your kid that you just found out about. Hope you liked the Crystal Skull." Janna mumbled to herself.

Jackie walked forwards. "Why do you have a whip?"

Janna smirked and just glanced at Hekapoo in an accusing manner.

Everyone just looked at Marco being a dork. Well, he was living the dream. Most of the people still remaining started to leave. Most understood that this had nothing to do with them.

"I get to go on a quest with my parents!" Seraph's eyes grew bright.

"Right you are, let's get going." Hekapoo patted her daughter's head.

"Yeah! Let's get going!" Star placed an arm around Seraph. "This sounds like fun."

"Uh… sure, okay." Hekapoo wasn't expecting Star to invite herself.

Janna was overlooking the scroll, focusing on a drawing of a manor. "Hey! I know this place."

"You do?" Marco questioned.

"Yeah, it's a famous Haunted house, super old and has a lot of stories about people vanishing when they go in there. Now France doesn't even let people in there anymore. If you're going there, I am coming along too. Visiting it is on my bucket list."