seijoh tune shop I

Start from the beginning

Oikawa entered the building lot, parking in between a white Acura Integra Type-R and a white Mitsubishi 3000GT. He turned off the engine and the headlights, shooting you a smirk as he unbuckled his seatbelt and stepped outside. You knew the drill already—taking off your seatbelt and waiting for Oikawa to make his way over and open the door for you.

The minute you stepped out, the scent of dirt, metal and gasoline clouded your nose. Oikawa shut the door, locking his RX-7 behind you. He grabbed and locked your fingers together with his left hand while he twirled the keys with his right. You both entered the garage with the sound of several machinery going off at once, whirring throughout the air. A man that looked very similar to Iwaizumi walked by, holding two large boxes against his chest before spotting Oikawa.

"Ahh shit, it's the boss... and he's with Indy's cousin." He called out, putting down the large boxes in the corner of the garage. A couple of heads popped out and turned around, including Iwaizumi.

His face beamed and called your name out loudly, waving his gloved hand in the air. He took off his protective goggles and stood up from the ground, stumbling his way over to you. He jogged over in his dirty uniform with his white tank top all stained from soot, took off his gloves and leaned in, patting your back.

"Sorry," he apologized, giving a sheepish smile. "I would hug you but I don't want to get your outfit dirty."

He turned and faced Oikawa, the expression on his face instantly shifting into confusion and annoyance. Oikawa smirked down at Iwaizumi, both of his hands placed in the pockets of his bomber jacket. "What are you doing here? It's your day off."

"Just wanted to ask for your blessing," the corner of Oikawa's mouth curled up, his eyes hooded over. Iwaizumi crossed his arms, resting his weight back on his right leg while he cocked an eyebrow.

"For what?"

"For dating your cousin." Oikawa lifted both of your hands up, showing Iwaizumi your intertwined fingers, kissing your knuckles in the process. A few heads turned to eavesdrop, their eyes widening while they sucked in their cheeks.

Iwaizumi looked over in your direction, waiting for you to say something. You sighed and looked to the right while shrugging your shoulders, raising your eyebrows, and chuckling in the process. "Yeah, that happened."

"You actually like this guy?" He pointed a finger straight at the man holding your hand, raising an eyebrow. Oikawa scoffed, slightly offended at his statement.

"Yeah, I really like him." You turned your head to Oikawa, giving him a large smile. He smiled back at you softly, leaning in and giving you a quick peck on the cheek.

"Okay, Cypher. I'll give you my blessing—but you already know how much I love my cousin and how much she means to me. Break her heart and I'll break your neck." Iwaizumi threatened while shaking Oikawa's hand. You found his threat entertaining as Iwaizumi had to look up at Oikawa in the process.

"Oh don't worry, Indy. Remember—I break parts, not hearts." Oikawa joked, earning a punch in the arm from Iwaizumi for his cheesy pun. He flinched, cursing before letting go of your hand to rub his left arm. You covered your mouth and chuckled through your hand, snickering at Iwaizumi's protectiveness. There was no doubt in your mind that he loved you exactly like an older brother.

You ended up meeting most of the members of the Seijoh Brawlers, granted there were only five of them in the shop that night—Iwaizumi included. Maki and Mattsun were enthusiastic to meet you, already claiming you as part of the family. You also met Kunumi and Kyotani, two very interesting characters.

They showed you their cars out front in the parking lot, the Honda Integra belonging to Makki and the Mitsubishi 3000GT belonging to Mattsun. A lot of them owned modified cars from the nineties, Oikawa included. Makki mentioned "they just don't make 'em like they used to" when referring to the Japanese domestic market for cars. They explained the Seijoh Tune Shop started out very small, but gradually grew into a business well known around Tokyo for the best tuning, specializing in cars from the nineties.

Oikawa showed you around the shop while Iwaizumi eagerly explained every little detail to it, telling you how much every part cost down to the new rare import body kits they received from the United States and Europe. You hadn't seen him like this since you both were kids and it made you feel warm and heavily nostalgic for the past, thinking about how he was always excited to help fix your father's car whenever he could.

It was getting close to eight, and Kyotani mentioned they should start closing the shop up for the night. Time passed quite fast as the sky got darker with the moon shining brighter than ever in the sky. Iwaizumi glanced at the watch on his wrist as you watched his eyes widen while he stared at the face of the clock.

"I can close up shop, you guys can go home." Oikawa proposed, motioning for all of them to get going. "I came here to replace my brake pads anyway, possibly do some paperwork while I'm at it."

"Okay, whatever you say boss." Mattsun took off his gloves, stretching his arms above his head as he and Makki walked out of the garage, followed by Kyotani and Kunumi. They all waved goodbye before stepping into their cars, revving their engines and disappearing out of the parking lot one by one.

Iwaizumi took off his gloves and threw them on one of the workbenches, sighing to himself before he placed both of his hands on his hips. He looked at Oikawa, shooting him a salute before smiling in your direction. Walking over to him, you wrapped your right arm around the back of his neck, bringing his head down while you ruffled up his hair with your hand.

"Bye, Hajime." You chuckled as he struggled against your grip, laughing along with you. In the back of your mind, you were reminded of Iwaizumi when he was younger—the same bright and carefree smile, his eyes closed and a high-pitched giggle while you two played together. He never grew out of his playful attitude, the same old Iwaizumi you always knew and loved.

"Text me later, okay?" He promised, placing his left hand in his turquoise cargo pants. He patted your back, turning around as he walked out of the garage. Without looking back, he lifted his right hand up and said goodbye. "See ya on Monday, Cypher."