𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Start bij het begin

They person turned around slowly, revealing themselves to be Evelyn, only not her Evelyn. "Hello, Alexandra." Dark Evelyn smirked wickedly. "You didn't really think it'd be that easy, did you?"

Alexandra's eyes widened in fear, not getting the chance to run before Dark Evelyn raised her hand and brought her into the air, cutting off her airways. "You know, she never stopped loving you, no matter what she felt for that werewolf." Dark Evelyn clicked her tongue in amusement. "But you broke her heart." Dark Evelyn tightened her hand into a fist, Alexandra gasping desperately for air. "And she didn't have the guts to do anything about it."

"Ventus." Dark Evelyn was suddenly thrown to the side by a gust of wind, Alexandra falling to the ground before looking up to see who had saved her. "Evie." She breathed, seeing the real Evelyn standing in front of her.

"Come on." Evelyn quickly ran over to her, helping her to her feet. "We don't have much time, we need to get out of here." The two ran away from that spot and through the woods, missing Dark Evelyn standing up behind them with a dangerous look in her eyes.

༄༄༄

The two girls stopped running, leaning against a tree to catch their breaths. "Evie, what was that and where the hell are we?" Alexandra asked.

"Welcome to my dark side, Alex." Evelyn responded with a sigh.

"I-I don't remember much about what I did. Did, did I kill anyone?" Evelyn asked worriedly, Alexandra immediately shaking her head. "No, no you didn't kill anyone."

"My god, Lizzie." Evelyn breathed, "We don't know who won yet, she could still be alright." Alexandra attempted to assure.

Evelyn turned away from the girl, placing a hand on her forehead as she began to cry. "It was so horrible, Alex. It was so bad, it was horrible. Every bad thought I ever had." Evelyn sobbed, "It just came to the surface. I couldn't stop it."

Evelyn breaths became more labored as all her actions dawned on her. "Evie, what's wrong?" Alexandra asked worriedly.

"I-I can't.." Evelyn's waved her hand's back and forth, "I can't breathe."

"Okay, okay." Alexandra turned her to face her, "Just keep your eyes on me, okay? Breathe. Deep breaths. Everything's fine, alright? We will get out of here and we'll fix everything, everything is going to be just fine, just breathe."

Evelyn's breaths slowed, the girl closing her eyes as she took a deep breath in. "Thank you."

Before Alexandra got a chance to respond, she was knocked out as she fell to the ground. "Well, aren't you two cute." Dark Evelyn said, Evelyn scrambling backwards. "There's no need to be afraid, Evie. I am 𝘺𝘰𝘶 after all."

"No." Evelyn shook her head quickly. "No, you are not who I am."

"Aren't I?" Dark Evelyn asked, titling her head almost mockingly. "You can't keep lying to yourself, Evelyn. I will always be apart of you, no matter how much you want me gone."

"You're right." Evelyn whispered, standing up slowly. "You are apart of me, the darkest part of me." She forwards slowly and carefully. "But I am stronger than you."

"I'm not afraid of becoming you, anymore." Evelyn shook her head. "I'm not afraid to be like my family, or my father, because despite their worst acts, they were there for each other no matter what."

"Pondas." Evelyn brought Dark Evelyn to her knees, "It's over. You lost."

"I'll always be apart of you." Dark Evelyn said, Evelyn bending down to her eye level. "Yes, you will. But you'll never be the strongest part of me."

༄༄༄

"Hey." Evelyn looked up when her dorm room was knocked on. "Hey." She said back, Alexandra walking in slowly.

"We should probably talk about what happened behind that door." Alexandra told her, Evelyn sighing before sitting down in her bed.

"When I was kid...I saw this monstrous part of my dad." Evelyn began explaining slowly, "I always saw him as my hero, but that part of him, that part that he hid behind his red door, it was horrific. I tried not to see him differently, but I never forgot the person I saw that day. So, when I got older, I started to do the same thing he did, I hid the darkest part of myself into the deepest part of my mind. My red door."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alexandra asked, Evelyn huffing put a humorous laugh. "It's not exactly something I'm proud of."

The two fell into a comfortable silence for a moment until Evelyn spoke again. "I'm thinking about leaving."

"What?" Alexandra asked in shock. "I haven't decided yet, but..."

"Leaving the school?" Alexandra asked, cutting her off. "No, Alex." Evelyn shook her head. "Leaving Mystic Falls."

"Permanently?" Alexandra asked hesitantly, not completely sure she wanted to know the answer.

"I don't know yet." Evelyn answered honestly. Not giving a proper response, Alexandra simply hugged the girl.