𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey no." Evelyn said, grabbing the girl by the shoulders and forcing her to face her. "This was Alyssa's fault, alright? You made a few bad choices but we will get out of this, okay?"

"Yeah." Josie nodded, "Come on." She grabbed a jacket, the two walking through the house and back around to the entrance, her calling out. "Lizzie? Sebastian? Where are you guys?"

"Quick question?" The spun around quickly, seeing a blonde girl standing behind them with her hands on her hips. "Who the hell are you two?"

"Jade?" Josie asked in shock. "Little Josie Saltzman all grown up." Jade said. "I'll be damned. Is Lizzie here too?"

"Uh, no." Josie responded slowly. "Jade, what are you doing here?"

"If it's okay with you, can we have this conversation after I eat?" Jade asked, stepping closer to the two girls. "Because I'm starving, and you look delicious."

Evelyn immediately stepped in front of Josie, her own eyes glowing in warning when a stake was shove into Jade's chest from behind, her body dropping to the ground. "Come with me if you want to live."

༄༄༄

The man led them to a more worn out version of the old mill. "Welcome. I call it Fort Parker. It's a...it's a hit moldy but also rent-controlled, so I try not to complain. Flavored vodka? It's, uh, it's no zima, but then again, nothing is."

He tossed Josie a bottle, her catching it. "You're Kai Parker." Josie said, Evelyn's eyes widening.

Kai gasped, "I am. And you are one of the Saltzman twins. I can smell the Gemini on you. The real question is, are you Linda, or, or Joanie? I can never tell you two apart. And I have no idea who you are."

"I'm Evelyn." Evelyn told him, "Evelyn Mikaelson."

"And I'm Josie. Named after my mom, who you killed." Josie told him, "Okay, here we go. Look, technically, I was trying to kill you and your sister. Uh, but that's all over now, so I say we just move on."

"Move on?" Josie asked, "You're a monster."

"A monster would have let you die. That vampire who tried to turn you into her own person Capri Sun? She's the real monster." Kai told them, "She and her cronies run this world. They revived me from desiccation just so they could have a little plaything. Every day, like clockwork, they hunt me down and kill me. But s..since I'm magically bound to this world...I can't actually die. So I pop back up only to be hunted and killed all over again every day. Welcome to the supernatural hunger games."

"That's sounds horrible." Evelyn muttered, but was ignored as Josie spoke. "That girl used to go to our school. Why is she here?"

Kai imitated a buzzer, "No answers for free. Information for information. What are you two doing here?"

"I, um...I used a Mora Miserium." Josie told him, "Sandclock?" Kai asked, "Oh, don't tell me. It degraded, and you just decided to drop it over here without a thought for my safety."

"I tried to create a new world, but a witch tricked us, and we got pulled into this one instead." Josie told him, "Classic double cross. And, uh, who else is a part of "we"?"

"She answered your question. Now you answer hers." Evelyn spoke up, having been unusually silent through this as she narrowed her eyes at the man. "Why is Jade here?"