飘忽不定 Ethereally Evanescent

Start from the beginning

"You have my oath, Your Excellency. My very essence is devoted to Y/N from the bones in my body to each and every feather of my wings. This heart of mine will only beat for him when he falls into my line of sight and will still beat for him after he passes,"

Experiencing what was to you the worst years of your life, you thought that things wouldn't get better. The last thing you expected was a guardian angel who would do everything in their power to assure your safety and happiness. Heartbreaks upon heartbreaks, you tell yourself that you've seen each and every type of pain. Repeatedly, you reminded yourself that maybe life wasn't worth living. Lovers who only came and went, seeing you as nothing but a tool for their own pleasure and your pain.Your circle only closed in on you, the pain excruciating realizing just how much the toil of loneliness impacted you.

It wouldn't be long. You would barely even notice Jimin's presence in your life. Until your eyes would fall upon the resplendent figure of your guardian angel the first time, your life would be nothing short of a linear decrescendo. Waning into depths of darkness and depression until life became a bottomless abyss. That is, in the moments you'd think you were just going to fall and fall deeper, instead you would be filled with an unequivocal epiphany of peace in the form of pristine white wings and a mellifluous voice.
Jimin listened attentively to each word regarding his duty. An obedient one of his species, he knew he would fulfill it with his utmost power and intentions. At the same time, the angel wondered. This was his first time on Earth. What could the land of mortals hold for him, someone who wasn't like the others? While thinking he would embark on this journey to learn more about you and complete his life's work, what destiny held for him was beyond ineffable. He would pay a permanent price for an ephemeral feeling worth more than heaven itself.
~
A few months later:

Acquiring the ability of manifestation when landing on Earth was an indulgence beyond words. Though he missed home, he thought he could adjust himself to such a lifestyle since there was so much to learn about. The gift allowed him to take on a dwelling of his choice and a closet that suited his tastes thanks to a surplus of money he was able to accumulate quite easily. Surprisingly, Jimin didn't have too much trouble settling into the town where you resided in. Thinking about previous hesitations, he honestly thought he blew it out of proportion. Wearing clothes that weren't angel robes was his favorite part, realizing that fashion was the second treat he enjoyed in his life on Earth.
The first was seeing you.

Jimin could say for sure his favorite memory so far was the very first time his amber hues met your figure.

He remembered the texture of the chair he sat on in the empty cafe, back pressing against the dull wood while his eyes were ever so observant watching you make your typical coffee round after work. Even the most minute details would not pass his keen eye, taking note of how you pushed the front door a little too roughly; a sign that occurred all too often because your day wasn't the greatest. /The regular/, he mouthed simultaneously while you told the cashier your order and handed over a fistful of crumpled bills. Once you received your cup of coffee, your fingers had tightened around the sleeve noticing that your usual seat had been taken by a stranger. A handsome one, surprisingly. Why did an alluring stranger like him have to occupy a seat in the darker corners of the cafe? With ravishing looks, Jimin seemed to be the type to have an entire entourage crowded around him, seated in the center of the cafe where everyone could gush over his looks in a closer proximity.

Sighing, you took the seat nearest to the male. While it wasn't a big deal, your mind needed something to chew on, exploring the reason as to why someone you'd never seen before had decided to frequent this cafe. You didn't know why your mind resorted to drifting to such an approach, but why not? Unlike other cafes, the one you frequented most often was one that remained empty most of the time. There were many others bustling in lines of people but you preferred the tranquility of something smaller in space and population. He looked like a tourist or maybe even a new resident who probably didn't read his share of reviews before deciding where to come. If he wanted to spark connection, it wasn't going to be here.