Chapter - 26{A new threat?}

Zacznij od początku

Hinata already understood that they got annihilated by Rimuru.

It was a city enveloped in a calming light, a holy metropolis protected by a divine barrier.

This barrier had been the subject of research over many years, adjusted and perfected until it boasted the highest level of protection in the land. It prevented all outside enemies from invading, dutifully fulfilling that obligation for the past thousand years.

It was, in a way, the personification of the prayers of everyone who lived inside it. It could even block out the sun itself, automatically adjusting the light levels inside the bubble as needed-brighter by day, dimmer by night. The temperature inside was kept at a near-constant all year, producing cooler summers and warmer winters, while the compartmentalized farmlands inside could produce seasonal crops at almost any time.

It was a utopia, one whose residents never had to worry about starvation. Every child received a level of compulsory education, and every adult was provided with a job. Its society had achieved complete harmony, its paradise monitored by the law and order that ruled over it.

This was Lune, the Holy City, capital of the Holy Empire of Lubelius.

The day after the last Walpurgis, Hinata was walking the path toward its main cathedral. The surrounding air was pleasantly warm, tempered by the solemnity of the atmosphere. This land was a bountiful one. No one starved; there were no beggars on the side of the streets. Everyone was provided with a suitable role, carrying it out to the fullest. They all awoke to the same bells and slept at the same time. And all was managed in perfect harmony, guaranteeing the happiness of every citizen that lived and breathed inside.

Hinata hurriedly entered the secret passage as she enter the church and she appeared in a secret room. Isolated from the outside world is the chamber where the "God" Luminus live.

As Hinata enters the room she saw Louis is already present in the room. The tension inside the room is very high. She didn't dare to ask what happened as she greeted the Vampire that is lying on the sofa while holding a glass of wine in her hands.

"Greetings Luminus-Sama"

"Ahh. Hinata-Chan"

Hinata respectfully bowed as she greeted her.

"Luminus-Sama what happened in the Walpurgis"

Luminus's eyes twitched as she remember Veldora.

"Rimuru declares himself as Demon Lord he also killed Clayman. Not only that the Damn Lizard has also been freed"

A chill run through Luminus's back, her soul shuddered as she remembered the power that Veldora has shown in Walpurgis.

Hinata's eyes wide open in surprise as she heard what Luminus said. Veldora has been freed which means the news that Veldora has been revived is real.

"I would like to defeat Veldora for you," Hinata offered.

"Hinata," Luminus coldly replied.

"You have grown stronger, yes, much stronger than when you fought me. You are well past the Seven Days and on your way to equaling my level. But you will never be able to defeat Veldora."

"She is right, Hinata. That is how fearsome a presence the dragon is. A true Catastrophe."

Louis, who was there for that dragon's previous rampages, agreed readily with Luminus.

"He is that powerful? But didn't the Hero seal him away?"

If a human did it once before, Hinata reasoned, it could always happen again. Luminus and Louis immediately brushed it off.