Date Ten

Christmas had come and gone in absolute bliss. Adrien had stayed over on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and Marinette was loving the discovery of her partner's identity. It amazed Marinette how quickly she'd become accustomed to AdriChat once she began to know him as the complete package, she had fell in love with Adrien and she'd fell in love with Chat, pulling them together and she was sure her heart was going to explode out of her chest.

After Christmas night Marinette had made herself a permanent resident in Adrien's apartment, not that he'd seemed to mind at all. It was as though now they were together they couldn't be apart.

She'd closed down any commissions and her website for the remainder of the Christmas period, wanting to say goodbye to her spinster ways and really get hands on with her relationship with Adrien, and when she said hands on, she meant it in more ways than one.

The happiness she was feeling was more than anything she'd ever known, and in a way it felt illegal that something could feel this good. That she should be this amazingly happy because of a guy. She never thought she'd be one of those women that needed a man to make her life purposeful but being here, in this relationship she didn't know why she'd never considered it before. He was everything to her. She supposed it was so much she needed the man, as she needed his love.

Surprisingly, none of her friends had queried how they'd suddenly gotten so close so fast, but their closest friends knew of their little secret. The secret that had them acting like an old married couple only a week into their relationship, and were thrilled with the outcome.

It just worked. Them being together just worked.

Marinette looked up at Adrien's Christmas tree and reached for the red and green ornament, twirling it around in her fingers as Adrien stepped up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Her heart fluttered for about the thousandth time that week. Every slight touch or smile made her heart skip a beat and stomach swirl, and just seeing his large hands snake around her waist was doing nothing but adding to her obsession with him.

"Did you buy this whilst we were at the cabin?" She stroked over the bauble, dragging her index finger gently over the small bug and cat design.

"I did, and I'm quite sure I paid way over retail for it." He rested his head on her shoulder and her heart flipped again.

"They definitely saw you coming," she giggled back, turning around in his arms.

"Oh yes." He released one arm from around her and stretched up to grab the decoration from the branch and spun it around on his finger. She looked up at it, watching as he moved it in front of them. "I brought it for you."

"Then why did you put it on your tree?" She bopped him on his nose the way she had with Chat Noir so many times, and it didn't feel weird. It felt right! Like she should have been doing it for years.

"I had a big plan," he said with a shrug and cheesy grin.

"Oh, really?" She said, "please tell."

"Well," he coughed, "I was going to bring you here ..."

"Yes," she moved her head closer.

"And we were going to drink wine, and relax in front of my fireplace,"

"Sounds nice,"

"Oh, it certainly would have been. I would have even let you lie under my Christmas tree if you wished." She slapped his bicep sending him into a fit of laughter before he tensed his arms pulling her as close as possible to his chest. "And then I'd have shown you the bauble, and kissed you," he placed a hand under her chin tilting her face up to meet his pressing a kiss so gently on her lips she wanted to cry. "And finally, and this is my personal favourite part, I would have said that the bauble was yours, but it had to stay here because I never planned on letting you go."