"Can you guess why I would chain my mate up after she witnessed me killing someone in front of her?" He turned his head away from mine and looked to the window as if looking out through the closed curtains. My annoyance dried quickly at the issue in the room, he had somewhat of a point.

I stood up and pulled at the chains, I was surprised when it just kept coming, walking towards the bathroom I was even more bewildered when I made it and still had enough to possibly reach the shower if I had entered, I looked at Zaliver suspiciously. Why were the chains so long? I asked him.

"I had them made for you." He said as if I nothing was wrong with that. This fool.

"I don't know what bothers me more, the fact that you know how long the chains are supposed to be for me to have enough room to roam freely in the room or the fact that you had these made for me." I said dryly, tugging at the chains until I felt resistance. They were really strong, as I expected, even my wolf strength didn't denture anything.

I turned fully to look at Zaliver and clasped my hands together before walking to him, I stopped in front of him, noting how tense he looked. My wolf, who no matter what would always take his side apparently, pushed me to comfort our mate.

"Okay look, I'm not going to lie, seeing you kill that girl did freak me out a bit but I kinda expected you to do something like this-" He tilted his head at me, " no offense. I just figured that all of your years on this planet as a wolf god, you'd be bound to kill someone, let's not pretend wolves don't go around slaughtering rogues every chance they get. I just didn't expect it to happen so fast, so close. And totally unjustified as well!" I explained to him.

The whole time I talked his face changes from blank to surprised, a small portion of relief and then to anger. He made me take a step back in surprise when he stood and loomed over me, I tilted my head up to look at him. His black hair hung away from his dark blue eyes, I gasped and blinked repeatedly at the black veins that seemed to move slowly under his eyes. They were pulsing black underneath his skin. It was frightening and then, of course, he had to open his mouth and show me those sharp, long pearly whites.

"Unjustified?! You call what she did unjustified?!" He spat out through his teeth, his chest lifted up and down with the large breaths he was taking, it was distracting.

I answered in a small voice, I really need to learn when to shut my mouth.

"She tripped me. I really don't think killing her was the right choice." I looked down at his chest while I spoke.

"Your right." I looked up quickly, not be living he had agreed with me so quickly. Does that mean he regrets killing her? I really need to learn that girls name to pay my respects.

"Really? That's great now that-"

"I should have tortured her first, then maybe I'd be calmer." He said pissed at himself.

My face fell.

"Of course." I said mostly to myself. I wasn't surprised by his answer but I was still disappointed to hear how serious he was. I walked away from him and went to sit on the bed, walking over the annoying chains.

"Can you get this shit off of me! If I didn't feel like a prisoner before, I do now." I moved my arms widely in motion.

He crossed his arms over his chest making his muscles bulge. I moved my eyes from his chest so that I wouldn't stare at his face and was happy to see the veins had gone and him looking like his gorgeous self.

He studied me sitting there for a long time, I just looked back at him flatly.

"I had expected for you to be uncontrollable, unstable emotionally and scared out of your mind. . .of me. I thought you'd hate me for sure." He said after a while, peering at me with curiosity clear on his face. His voice was tight yet controlled, for a second I thought I heard it waver.