Chapter 17

"Good morning Ms. Clark." A man in a black suit greets me as I walk into the conference room. It's 9:30 and I'm half asleep. All the nine guys are in the room seated on the long wooden table.

"Good morning." I greet back awkwardly. I walk over to the empty spot next to Luke and he gives me a comforting smile.

"So. We have a problem. The fans think that you are dating Harry, and they are not very happy about that. Especially because of the age difference. There are two options to solve this problem." The man begins leaning forward onto the table. "Either you keep a distance from both bands and disappear from the spotlight." He suggests and all the guys object immediately. "Or. You can pretend to be in a relationship with one of the other guys so they forget about the rumors. My suggestion would be to date Luke since people have seen you together a lot and they are
shipping you two." My eyes travel to Luke and he gives me an apologetic look.

"I choose the second option." I state awkwardly and I can see Luke smile at the statement.

"Okay. So this means you will have to go out in public together a lot and do whatever you need to do to make the fans think you're inlove. This includes PDA." He adds and I start innerly freaking out. I can't do this. I can't pretend to love someone that I have just become close friends with.

"Well, then this meeting has come to an end. And Ms. Clark, remember that their career is on the line here." He reminds before leaving the room. Luke awkwardly shuffles over to me and looks into my eyes.

"Well. Hello girlfriend." He greets fiddling with his fingers. "There's a crowd of fans outside the building so I guess the coupleness has to begin now." He remarks extending his hand for me hold. I intertwine my fingers with his and we leave the room.

Before we leave the building he gives my hand a squeeze to tell me it's going to be okay.

To say the fans were shocked would be an understatement. They were looking at us like we were some unknown species. The species of Luleen, which I just found out was our ship name. We walk through the crowd and li and behold my eyes meet Charlotte and Adeline. After that I quickly jog to the car with Luke.

"What's wrong?" He asks alarmed.

"I can't do this Luke. I'm just going to get in trouble and pull you down with me." I rant on the verge of tears. "Luke. Charlotte and Adeline are outside. Remember their threat? Now they think we are actually dating." I remind him and his face pales at the realization.

"It's okay Kath. I won't let them harm you. I will be a good boyfriend." He chuckles trying to lighten up the mood, and succeeding. He pulls me in closer to him and I lay my head on his shoulder. Since the windows weren't tinted the fans were snapping pictures of us.

"Have you ever actually voluntarily kissed anybody?" He asks smirking at me.

"No." I admit blushing and looking down. He giggles a little before blushing too.

"Well can I change that? For educational purposes?" He asks shyly. I nod back equally as shy and we both lean in. Time seems to go in slow motion as his lips near mine. At last my lips meet his soft ones and I feel a smile creeping it's way onto mine. Immediately butterflies are set loose in my stomach, but as soon as the kiss started, it came to an end.

As we break apart, the other guys erupt in applause and cheers but Calum just smirks at his phone. he turns it around showing us a picture of us kissing.

"Twitter." He states simply before tapping away in his phone. I open twitter to look at the tweet and a few seconds later it pops up.

@Calum5SOS: Welcome the new couple everyone. COOTIES