𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

Penelope, unconcerned with MG's night and more worried about the missing Josie, placed her hands on her hips and gave him a look, silently telling him 'I told you so.'

Both the girls were more worried about Josie than anything, but MG was to caught up in his feelings to notice. "I have hate in my heart."

MG stood up as he noticed an ax blade that has been driven into a nearby tree stump and grabbed it, "I'm ready for battle." MG said in dramatic seriousness. "We're gonna duel."

"No. No we're not doing that." Evelyn shook her head, "MG, She isn't gonna choose you. You need to move on. And as of this moment Lizzie Saltzman is canceled."

Penelope was distracted by the sight of Hope walking past them in her dress with a flashlight and she called out, "You gonna howl at the moon wearing that?"

"Sorry, no time for bitchy banter." Hope kept walking, before she paused and turned around, "Actually I could use your help finding Josie." She said.

"What happened?" Evelyn asked, worried about her friend.

"Apparently, her possessed biological mother buried her alive in the cemetery." Hope replied.

Penelope grabbed a shovel and handed one to Evelyn before speaking, "We're coming with you."

"MG, listen for her breathing." Hope ordered.

"Hold on. I hear something. Shovel." MG said to them.

An armed popped out of the ground, but it wasn't Josie, the arm was old and decayed, like a zombie. Penelope tried to hit the side of it's neck in order to kill it but it didn't work, so MG told them. "That won't work! To kill a walker, you got to go for the brain. Everybody knows that."

"Yeah, every nerd maybe." Penelope shot back. "Just call it a zombie."

"Zombies. Plural." Evelyn said making the group look around the cemetery as more zombies popped up.

"Whoo! Two for two, baby!" MG exclaimed as he decapitated a zombie.

"We can handle the rest, MG, find Josie." Hope told the boy.

"How do you want to do this? Magic?" Evelyn questioned.

"I say we DIY and pretend they're Lizzie Saltzman." Penelope responded.

"Works for us." Hope agreed.

"Josie. I can hear you, hold on." MG began to dig up a grave only to realize it was another zombie and backed away.

"MG, we're running out of time!" Hope shouted.

"Look out." MG pointed to a zombie that was coming up behind her, making Hope quickly turn and swing on it. "Penelope? Axe." Penelope tossed Hope the axe before Hope beheaded the zombie.

"Damn it, MG, hurry up and find her." Evelyn shouted, she was worried for friends life at this point.

"There's too much noise!" MG said back.

"Well, listen harder. Pretend you're on a beach or something!" Hope snapped.

"I got her!" MG said suddenly. The boy began using his vampire speed to dig Josie out of her grave.

"The talisman. It worked." Hope said in relief.

"What's it supposed to do?" Josie asked tearfully.

"Make quite things heard." Hope replied.

༄༄༄

"Hey." Alexandra greeted, walking up to Evelyn.

"Oh, hey." Evelyn looked up with a kind smile. "Is everything okay?"

"Why did you break up with me?" Alexandra blurted out as Evelyn's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry?" Evelyn asked, wondering if she heard her correctly.

"You heard me." Alexandra said firmly, "Our relationship was fine for almost two years but then you break up with me out of nowhere with no explanation, and then you just let everyone think I was the one to break your heart. I just wanna understand, Evie. Why you did that when you knew how much I lov-."

"That was the problem, Alex." Evelyn cut the girl off with a sigh, hesitantly explaining, "When we first got together, my dad had just died so it was hard. But then things got easier because I knew I was in love with you. And then the anniversary of his death happened, and I went back to New Orleans for it."

Evelyn exhaled deeply, "But being back there? Practically reliving everything that lead up to his death? I couldn't do it anymore, no matter how much I loved you. Because I knew that despite how much it would hurt me, I was better off alone than risking the chance of losing someone else I loved so much."

"Evie..." Alexandra was speechless, all this time she thought it had been her fault, "You're not gonna lose me, you know that."

"Do I?" Evelyn asked her, shaking her softly, "I'm sorry for hurting you, Alex. You have to know that was never my inten-."

Alexandra cut her off with a kiss.

A firm and yet soft kiss, one that showed all the love she had bottled up after they broke up. After a few moments, she pulled away as both their eyes opened, "I love you, Evelyn Lucille Mikaelson. And no amount of fear or trauma is ever going to change that for me. No matter what our circumstances are."

It was silent for the next few minutes, and Alexandra almost feared she had made a huge mistake when Evelyn muttered six words that made her heard stop, "I love you too, Alexandra Bennett-St John." She pulled her back in for another kiss.

༄༄༄

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:I apologize for how short this chapter was, this episode was mainly centered around the twin's mom being brought back from the dead and I made the chapter as lengthy as I could.

Evelyn's dress for Lizzie's party.