𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"And put a shirt on." Alaric added while Hope and Evelyn got in the car.

༄༄༄

The four exited the car and walked into the woods, "I don't know why he's still out here." Hope stated, "He had a whole day's lead on us. He could he anywhere."

"Maybe cause he doesn't have a reason to run." Rafael said.

Evelyn scoffed, "Logic that would be perfectly believable if he hadn't,you know, ran."

"Wait...shh!" Alaric spoke up, "You hear that?" They all listened in and heard footsteps, "Someone's here."

Alaric ran off,the three following after him only to pause upon seeing a woman covered in smoke as Alaric held his hands up peacefully. "I-It's okay. I-I'm not gonna hurt you."

Alaric took a few steps towards the woman while she took several steps back and questioned, "Were you on the bus? Can you tell us what happened?"

"Is she a survivor?" Hope asked.

"Uh,smells like it. She reeks of smoke." Rafael stated.

"I think she's in shock." Alaric said,before turning his head to the three. "Look,I need to get her to the police so she can get some medical attention."

"Uh,why don't you three go ahead? Don't engage." Alaric sent a pointed look to Hope and Evelyn at his last statement. "We don't know how dangerous Landon is."

"He's not dangerous." Rafael tried,but Alaric interrupted him. "I said don't engage."

"Come on." Evelyn said before she and Hope walked off,Rafael soon following after.

༄༄༄

The three were now walking through the woods before Rafael spoke up, "What exactly happened on that bus?"

"No one knows." Hope answered, "It's like something incinerated it from the inside."

"Look,whatever he did,I know there's a good explanation." Rafael stated, "He's the most loyal friend that I've ever had. He was there for me on the worst day of my life. After my girlfriend died,he's the only thing that kept me going. So let me get that knife back for you and then we both can hear him out,okay?"

"Appreciate the passion,but maybe you should except some of it making new friends." Hope stated.

"So I can be as popular and well-liked as the both of you?" Rafael said,making both the girls pause in their tracks before turning towards him. "Yeah. I've been at the school for two days and I've already heard all about Hope and Evelyn Mikaelson and their sunny disposition's."

Evelyn scoffed in disbelief before Rafael continued, "I'll get you the stupid,not-stupid knife,and the answers you want. I promise."

"And why should we believe you?" Evelyn asked.

"Because I don't lie." Rafael stated.

Hope chuckled humorously, "Everybody lies."

Both the girls sighed before Evelyn informed him, "He's in the root cellar. You have three minutes to do this your way."