His voice is surprisingly soft and almost comforting.

The tape on my lips were removed before I replied.

"Why? What's so special about them? They're just my tears. . "

And for the first time, I saw shock on his face as he stared at me. And that's when I realized I just blurted out my secret that Eumi always warned me not to tell a human about because that would just cause me trouble and it could hurt me.

My cuffs are then removed by him as I scooted farther from him as I felt scared he might do something bad.

"I'm sorry a while ago.. .you see I'm just in the business and I hate it when other people lie to me . . . so I had to investigate everyone around me . . "

I see, humans can't trust humans just like how I cannot trust  all merpeople. He looks at me before picking up the small bag my mom gave me and handing it to me.

"I'm really sorry if I scared you . . . let me make you dinner to make it up to you"

He looks so beautiful when he held out his hand to me. His hands are so soft and I can hold them for the rest of my life. We reached the area with tables and chairs before I sat on one and he went to some place where I heard unfamiliar clanking sounds.

What is he doing? And what is that thing doing? Why does a great smell come from it.

I stood up and wobble my way closer and look at the boiling stuff in the big round thing. Why is it looking like that? And why are my legs not cooperating? Why are they shaking?

"I hope you don't mind. . . I'm making curry.  . . "

Curry? What curry?

I mean, that sounds good but scary.

"What's a curry?"

His eyes are wide when he look back at me as his hands froze mid air.

"You haven't seen curry nor tasted it?"

"No . ..  I've been living in a cave so I am not familiar"

He regained his sanity and stepped closer to me. He looks like he's staring at something to seem nonexistent.

"You lived in a cave?"

"I have no choice . . . some mermen are chasing to kill me because I am the prince of the mermaid kingdom. . .---"

I immediately covered my mouth the moment I just unveiled my true identity. Maeum is gonna kill me.

He smiled but I don't feel comfortable with it. It looked so wicked and untrustworthy. But somehow it made me feel safe. At least he won't kill me right?

"You're too funny. ..  Mermaids don't exist"

He gestured me towards the table where he set some round things on the table and place some white stuff on it before he placed the curry thing in a bowl. It seriously smells delicious and I think my stomach is hungry as well.

"Come on. . eat . ."

I saw what he's going with the silver thing that is round on the edge so I followed and it scoop the white stuff on the round thing. I ate it and the taste is bland.

"Take some curry with the rice. . "

Oh so the white stuff is rice.

I scoop some curry and I saw something orange that is cubed shape.

I ate it and my eyes immediately went wide. What is this delicious piece of cube? Why is it so tasty?

I took some more of the orange cube and some of the curry soup before placing them on the rice and eating them in one bite. The curry is so delicious and seriously it is nothing I've ever tasted.

"Don't just eat carrots. . here have some chicken"

Using another silver thing, the piece of chicken was cut to smaller pieces and one piece was placed on my plate.
He poured some curry soup before I ate it again. Goodness, can this get anymore tasty? It is so good. I took more carrots and chicken and trust me, I can eat this everyday.

I finished my meal and that's when I realized how I should go back to Maem and Eumi. It is already dark outside and I am sure those mermen looking for me already left the vicinity.

"Uh . . I have to go . . "

I slowly stood up to leave when he held me back.

"it's already dark outside and it is dangerous to be wandering alone . . how about you stay here and you leave in the morning? What's your name by the way?"

I felt my face heating up with how he held my hand and made me sat on the chair.

"I'm Jungwon . . . you?"

"You're adorable. . I'm Jay . .. "

I shook his hands and smiled.

He also smiled and he look gorgeous. I mean, why didn't he smile more often? The real smile. Not the creepy one. It still does not look right to me as if it is not a real smile.

"Come on sleep here for the night and tomorrow, . . - wait where do you live? I can take you there after my dive"

Don't he believe when I said I lived in the cave?

Should I tell him?

Will he believe me?

"I've lived in a cave . . . uhm . . ."

"You're actually serious? . . "

"Yeah . . I have no family . . "

"Then stay with me . ."

_____________________