3 | Purple Hair Boy

Start from the beginning

\\ At The Park //

.

.

.

After she changed and grabbed her purse, we left the house and walked to the park since it was a few blocks down. She wore a pretty sundress and I wore a cute white and yellow romper with matching yellow sneakers.

As she held my hand, I practically tugged her along whereas she tried to keep her pace slow and steady. I think she did it on purpose considering the quiet giggles she made. Regardless, we finally got to the park and I immediately scanned the area as soon as we walked through the gate.

I spotted a few kids from my neighborhood by the seesaw. Another group by the monkey bars. And then finally, after four months of anticipation, I spotted him.

I gasped in excitement and shock when a mess of purple hair stuck out like a sore thumb by the sandpit. And my mom, following my line of sight, made a small gasp too.

"Oh my. . . Is that-"

Before my mom could question, I let go of her hand and rushed over to him. I was so excited to meet my best friend I didn't care about looking like a maniac.

To me, it was like we were always best friends. I saw everything so clearly in my visions that it's like I've always known him. And just like my vision, I had the courage to approach him first.

When I got close enough, I slowed my pace and snuck behind him. Then, acting as if I never knew him, I introduced myself with a smile:

"Hi, I'm Rini Otani. What's your name?"

Taken by surprise, he whipped around to look at me with big wide eyes. He seemed skeptical about my greeting given the look on his face, but after a few seconds, his expression morphed into a warm yet awkward smile.

"Hi. . . I'm Hitoshi Shinso."

The moment he said the lines I've been waiting to hear for what felt like ages, a warm feeling of accomplishment and happiness radiated around me like a glowing lamp. My vision proved to be true and the moment felt like a video game achievement, and I unlocked the greatest achievement there is: friendship.

"Nice to finally meet you Hitoshi. . . I don't think I've ever seen you here before. Are you new?" I asked while swaying innocent-like. But I didn't realize I let the word "finally" slip into my statement.

"Yeah, I just moved here. . . And did you say nice to finally meet me?" He asked.

I snapped to attention when he caught that.

"Um. . . No. . . I meant to say nice to meet you! Sorry, I tend to mix my words up. So, you said you moved here? Why?" I played it off and flipped the conversation back to him.

"Oh, no worries, I mix up my words sometimes too," he replied and bought my lie. "And my mom made us move. Something about the schools here being good. . . But I think we moved because of my quirk."

At his last statement, I frowned.

"Your quirk? What does that have to do with anything?"

"It's just. . . Nevermind. If I told you, you probably won't like me either-"

"Your wrong! I think Brainwashing is awesome!"

As soon as the words left my mouth, I slapped my hands over my lips and stared at him. He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face too. Then he slowly pointed at me.