39 - Asgardian Ale

Start from the beginning

"I just- ugh- I just can't believe I did that." Harlow groaned, letting her head fall back. "Why do I always have to ruin everything." She scoffed. Harlow didn't understand how she let it happen.

"Harlow you haven't ruined anything-"

"I slept with Sirius." Harlow told Alice through clenched teeth.

"Oh my god!" Alice exclaimed and somehow managed to push Harlow off of the couch and onto the carpet.

Harlow's back collided with the red carpet. Laughter erupted from her chest as her view of the ceiling was blocked by Remus' face looking down at her. He was grinning widely and helped her up by the arms.

Remus pulled Harlow back up so she was seated into his side on the couch. Sirius who was on the other side of Harlow, frowned when he saw how close they were together.

So naturally he caused mischief.

"Lets play a game!" He announced, standing up dramatically and catching the attention of almost everyone in the room. "Come on! Let's-lets play ring of fire."

"Ooo." Gideon encouraged, "Who has a cards?" He asked, Simon his question mostly at the muggle-born witches and wizards.

A girl in sixth year went and fetched her playing cards from her dorm. She handed them over to Sirius, blushing when their hands touched.

Another two students came forward with a pack of cards, in result extending the length of the game.

Fabian grabbed an empty jug, tipping it upside down to make sure there was no reminiscing liquid.

"The aim of the game 'Ring of Fire' is to not break the circle of cards around a cup, or in this case a jug, by creating a gap between the cards. On your turn you pick a card, each card has an associated instruction, all centred around drinking. For example, three is me, meaning you must drink."

The game was explained to those who didn't know how to play. The people who decided to play gathered round while the others dispersed into the corners and other areas of the room. The younger years were long gone, having already retired to their room.

Harlow was under Remus' arm. Her arm around her waist as she laughed at the boys having to drink after the card six was picked. "Six is dicks."

Harlow laughed as Remus took a heavy sip from his cup. An action Sirius noticed.

It was Sirius' choice to pull a card, he reached forward, leaning between Harlow and James to fetch a card. He pulled a eight. Eight for mate, meaning he got to pick someone who has to drink whenever he drinks for the rest of the game.

"My mate is gonna be..." He dramatically paused, looking around the room before stopping on the girl under Remus' arm. "Harlow!" He announced, grinning wickedly.

"Sirius!" Harlow exclaimed with a giggle. "You trying to get me drunk?" She joked as she clinked her cup with his and together they took a drink.

The game continued and it wasn't long until someone pulled an ace, the waterfall card. Everyone has to start drinking at the same time and only gets to stop when the person before them stops. Resulting in many having to drop out after.

Harlow looked up at Alice, her eyebrows furrowing. "We played the ring of fire." Harlow remarked as she pulled herself back up to the couch.

"Yeah we did." Alice murmured in agreement, remembering watching James down the mixed concoction in the jug since he broke the circle of cards. The mixed concoction was accumulated throughout the game from whenever someone would get a king.