39 - Asgardian Ale

Start from the beginning

"You want to go and get a drink, together?" James cheekily asked, winking at Lily as he slid next to her.

Lily just rolled her eyes and tried to join in on the conversation Remus, Sirius and Harlow were having. They were bickering over who was going to stay sober and look out for the rest of their friends.

"I swear I've seen you drink litres of alcohol without getting drunk." Sirius argued, pointing his finger at Harlow as he narrowed his eyes at her. Harlow raised her eyebrow, clearly unimpressed with his argument. "Fine maybe not litres."

"I took care of you guys when you got drunk at the last parties, as in multiple." Harlow retorted silencing the two boys, "It's my shot to get hammered tonight. Sort it out between yourselves." Harlow instructed walking away and back to her room to precure her ale.

She had picked up a cup earlier and brought it to her room to fill it with the Ale. She didn't want to bring the bottle downstairs in case someone else got their hands on it. Thor had stressed that the Ale was strong and could potentially harm a human, so she had to be careful.

And fucking hell, the Asgardian Ale was strong.

Now was not the time for Harlow to try and remember things. She had to get out of there and away from the situation. In that moment she was so thankful for her assassin training. It would be a piece of cake for her.

True, but without a hangover.

Harlow slowly peeked her head out of the bed curtains, cringing at the sight of her clothes thrown on the floors. She held the duvet tight to her chest as she reached for her black top, freezing when the bed creaked. Choosing to put on her top without her bra to be quicker, Harlow then grabbed her shorts and slipped them on as she hopped out the bed.

A ruffle came from James' bed making Harlow spin into panic mode. She grabbed her remaining items of clothes on the floor and made a run for it, trying to keep her steps as light as possible. Only allowing herself to breath after the door closed behind her.

And to Harlow's surprise when she looked up, her eyes locked with another's.

Alice let out a soft laugh, her jaw dropping. "Who?" She asked knowing exactly what went down considering the state of Harlow. Alice could see the visible hickeys covering Harlow's neck and chest, Harlow's clothes were messily put on and she was holding her bra in her hands along with her shoes.

"No one." Harlow whispered back in reply, bringing her free arm up to run her hand over her face. "I was never here, okay." Harlow stated as she started to walk down the boys tower, leaving Alice behind.

"Wait Harlow!" Alice whisper yelled, speeding after Harlow, trying to take multiple at a time to catch up. "My legs are way shorter than yours. Would you stop!"

Alice managed to catch up with Harlow back in the common room. Only because Harlow decided to stop. She was debating asking Alice for help.

"Alice please don't tell anybody about this?" Harlow all but begged, "No one can know."

"I promise I won't tell anyone." Alice swore, sitting down on the rubbished covered couch. "But... who were you with? You came out of the Marauders room, so it's one of them."

Harlow shook her head, not liking the idea of telling Alice. "It doesn't matter." She sighed, sinking into the couch. Harlow let her head rest in her hands as she let out a long and deep breath.

Alice moved her hand so it was gently rubbing Harlow's back. She noticed how at first Harlow tensed, taking a quick glance to look at her. But, ultimately, Harlow let Alice's hand remain on her back. "It'll be okay." Alice insisted soothingly.