Its Not What it Looks Like - [angst 𖨆]

You and Colby were at the club right now, dancing and most definitely drunk out of your mind. Colby on the other hand was trying to stay on the tipsy side of the scale so that he could find you and call an Uber to take you both home.

You were dancing when he walked off to get some drinks for you and him. Your head was foggy and you didn't have very good control of your body at this point.

A random dude came up behind you, you thinking it was Colby started to dance with him, his hands planting themselves on your waist. He turns you around and the flashing lights block a good view of him.

The next second he pulled you up to him and kissed you, but it didn't feel familiar, it didn't feel like Colby's lips and this man had stubble, Colby had shaved yesterday. You pull away abruptly and catch a glimpse of his face and pull away from him completely looking to the side and seeing Colby standing there with drinks in his hand.

His face was full of such hurt and his eyes were about ready to physically throw daggers at you.

"Colby I-" he turned around thrusting the drinks into some random guy's hand and walking towards the exit with you calling after him.

This made you sober up pretty quickly, your heart raising and your stomach seems to drop farther and farther with each step that he took away from you.

At this point you both had made it out of the club and were now walking down the street, you rolling your ankles trying to walk in the heels that you decided to wear.

You couldn't feel it through the adrenaline that was pumping through you that had made the pain subside until it was over. "Colby- baby please just stop!" it took a couple more calls from you until you had tripped over a slab of concrete making you fall forward almost in slow motion.

Instead of hitting the cold hard floor, you felt a pair of arms around you. You looked up and saw Colby, a worried expression painting his features.

"Can you watch where your fucking walking." he says as he stands you up straight, before he proceeds to start walking away again you grab his arm, "please just stop I- I can explain myself" you were out of breath from the speed walking and the heels making it harder.

He stops where he is and slowly turns around, you let go of his arm and he crosses them. "I was drunk and I don't know if I still am, he kissed me and I didn't even kiss him back, I thought it was you because I couldn't see, I pushed him away the second I realized he wasn't you."

His expression softens the slightest but you could tell that he didn't believe you. "Baby please, do you think after all this time I would cheat on you, or kiss another guy?" he looks down, his expression not changing.

You walked up to him, still having to look up at him the slightest. "Colby I love you with every part of my eternal being, you are the sweetest, kindest person I have ever met and I wouldn't trade you for anything in the god damn world." he finally looked at you, you giving him a reassuring look and a half-smile, hoping he would believe you.

He cups your cheek with his hand and pulls you towards him for a kiss. This felt more like it, his soft lips and his hands on you and not that random guys. He pulled away and you rested your forehead on his. "I love you, Colby Brock." "I love you y/n l/n."

You both pulled away and agreed to walk home considering it wasn't very far. "Ow, I think I might have rolled my ankle," you say, leaning down to feel it, slipping your shoes off in the process. Colby sweeps you off your feet and carries you bridal style, kissing your cheek.

689 words