Moving - [angst 𖨆]

It's happening, it's really happening. You were moving, and it wasn't within the state of Kansas. Your parents had just split up and turns out to your dismay your parents agreed that one of them would take you, that just happened to be (mom/dad) and you had to move with them.

Your (mom/dad) was moving to California which just so happened to be miles away from Kansas. It was like Dorothy was forced to click her shoes back to an unknown place than to her home. In this case, you were Dorothy.

Aside from all of that, you had to say goodbye to your best friends and your childhood crush, in other words, Sam and Colby.

You guys had met just after the first month of high school. It was scary to think that when you moved you would also have to start at a new school and since you had no other friends than Sam and Colby you had to make new friends too or better yet just stay hidden.

You didn't want to leave them or even think about doing something like this to them. You walk into the taco bell, fiddling with your fingers, today was the day that you had to tell the boys that you were leaving. It hurt your heart to even think about leaving them in the first place.

You see the boys sitting at a table, laughing with eachother. You take in the site, afraid that it would be the last time you would see it in person.

They see you and wave you over. You sit next to Sam, so you could see Colby. You were afraid this would have a bigger impact on him, it's not that you and Sam weren't good friends it's just that, since starting high school and meeting the boys you sensed a difference in how Colby would act around you.

If you were right it could be because he liked you too, but you didn't want to say anything and embarrass yourself or jinx it too much. You three do your "secret" handshake that wasn't so secret because you did it all the time.

You try to push off the announcement to the end of the meeting so you had time to prepare, it's not like you had 2 weeks to do that since your parents told you 2 weeks ago.

You guys get done eating and you hear some suggestions about going somewhere else and some future plans that were being tossed around.

It made your eyes well up with tears, trying to hold them back and keep them at bay, holding your head down so they couldn't see your glossy eyes, one tear manages to slip out and down your cheek. "Y/N are you ok?" Sam asks, questioning why he could see a tear rolling down your cheek.

You look up and both boys get a glimpse of your already puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. "Hey, hey, what's wrong is everything ok?" Colby asks, starting to worry if he or Sam did something wrong. You hated hearing them so worried so you just came out and said it.

"I'm moving." It was short and sweet, didn't have any major details and you cursed yourself at that because then they would have to ask you questions.

Sam looks at Colby worrying for his best friend since today was supposed to be the big day Colby would get the courage to tell Y/N that he liked them. Colby's face falls and he practically feels his stomach drop and his heart shatter into sharp tiny pieces.

Before the boys get time to say anything you start rambling about it so they didn't have to. "My parents got into a fight and my (mom/dad) got custody of me and they are moving to LA. I found out a few weeks ago but I didn't have the courage to tell you guys. I tried talking to them but they didn't listen, they fought so much and were moving now and I- I just don't want to leave you guys."

Your face was covered in fallen tears, your nose was stuffy and you were talking super fast as to not get cut off.

The last part of your sentence comes out louder because it was full of emotion and truth. You look up from looking down at your lap and your eyes meet Colby's glossy eyes as if he was too about to start crying. You look over to Sam and see his glossy eyes.

Both boys couldn't believe what they were hearing. Sam didn't want to lose such a good best friend and Colby didn't want to lose such an important person in his life. They had so many plans for the future, Colby had so many things he planned in the future for if you had agreed to be his (gf/bf). It crushed both of them.

You keep looking back and forth between them. Are they going to say anything? You thought, thinking that your last moments would have nothing said between the three of you.

"Please say something." It comes out in a whisper, a beg from you for them to say or do anything.

"You found out weeks ago?" Colby asked, a single tear falling from his beautiful blue eyes, his tone was short and soft, as light as a feather, as soft as a whisper. "I'm so sorry, I had to think of something to te-" Before you can finish they cut you off. "Your moving to LA?" Sam asks his tone the same as Colbys but softer.

"I'm so so sorry." You say, as soft as them and looking at both of them as you said it so it wasn't directed at just one person. Colby gets up and walks out, in an almost zombie state. You watch him walk out, Sam walking out after him and calling his name. You thought the worst at this point. They hate me. They're never gonna wanna talk to me again. Oh my god, what have I done?

You get up and walk out after the both of them. They were sitting on the curb, both still sobbing from what you could hear.

You walk over to them and sit next to Colby, laying your head on his shoulder, not saying anything. "This might not be the best time but, Colby." You say, trying to get his attention.

He turns his head the slightest and looks at you from his peripheral. You cupped his cheek so he was facing you fully, you needed his eyes locked on yours for him to believe this. "I love you." You pull him close to you and you peck his lips, it was a sad kiss, one that told him everything you felt and how sorry you were for doing this to him.

You pull away and rest your head on his, holding the back of his neck while more tears fall.

He cups your cheek, brushing the tears away with his thumb. He lifts your face up and you look into his bright but bloodshot eyes. He pecks your lips and you kiss him back, it turning into your guy's first kiss. He pulls away, his hand still on your cheek. "I love you too." His eyes told you everything, he felt and was thinking.

He really did love you, and you really did love him. He lets your face go and you turn to face the front, looking up at the sky and seeing the twinkling stars. Yes, it was night, you thought giving them the whole night to process and then spend a day together the next day would be best.

You rest your head on Colby's shoulder, seeing Sam do the same thing on the other side, just wanting to let us know he was still here and cared too. We look at the stars, together.

It was one of your favorite memories from when you were younger. Now, you had your boys back though, You play with Colby's hair, he was laying on your stomach while Sam sat at the other side of the couch, smiling when seeing the both of you while you guys watched a movie.

In the comfort of your new apartment that the boys just helped you set up with furniture, in the great state of Los Angelos, California. Only 6 crazy years later.

1412 words