Chapter 2 (100%)

Niksa put her clothes away in her private quarters, separate from the main building. She started working on her phone. After she left a note with Mister Patrick's PA that everything had gone well, she looked over at the main house but didn't see any movement from inside. Perhaps her client really did need some rest after the long trip.

Niksa's resentment from earlier slowly dissipated when she had not been bothered even once by Myles, nor was there any problem for her to solve for the rest of the day. She walked back on the path that connected every building in the villa compound. She entered the main building and turned the lights on, illuminating the dark interior as the dusk was setting in. Still, there was no sign of the occupant who must be deep in his slumber upstairs.

She ordered some dinner from the resort's kitchen to have in her own lodging and took the liberty of getting an extra dish in case Myles might wake up hungry in the middle of the night. She remembered from an interview that his favourite dish was steak, so she ordered a piece of rare-cooked meat that she could heat up later.

Once her stomach was full, Niksa made her way back to survey any activities in the villa, but there was only a low hum of the A/C from above, mingling with the sound of wind and ocean. By now, she felt a little vexed that he never told her he had intended to sleep all day and kept her on her toes instead. She decided to just go back to shower and change when the clock indicated that it was getting quite late. As she was brushing her hair, the screen of her tablet flashed, notifying her that she had been called. She sighed.

Niksa quickly tied her hair in a low ponytail before putting a grey cardigan on top of her sleeveless top with her cropped trousers. She put her very professional-looking, silver-rimmed glasses on as she did every time to compensate for the make-up.

As soon as she slid the door open, she saw the man in his black sweater hurry to take his mask out of his pocket to put on his face. He covered his head with the hoodie before turning to face her. The bright light in the house showed Niksa the red veins around his eyes that were hiding behind the sunglasses. But what caught her attention was his hazel eyes. They were brown with a dash of green, very mystifying to her.

"Good evening," she composed herself and greeted him before doing her duty. "Will you have your dinner now? I will ring the resort's kitchen."

"There is a steak here," he responded, having just examined the kitchen and found the dish in a tray covered neatly by aluminium foil.

"I ordered that before the kitchen closed, but the resort's international dining room is still open. If you'd like something."

"I will just eat this," he cut her short and cut the steak with a knife, but the fork in his hand stopped before it reached his mouth.

Niksa knew that she was the reason. He was wearing the mask to conceal himself from a stranger like her. But instead of leaving him alone, she stepped closer. It was her job to gain her client's trust and make them feel comfortable around her.

"I will heat this up for you. If you have a taste and change your mind about it, please let me know."

Myles lowered his fork, letting her take the steak away. She also brought a salad with other side dishes and arranged them on the 12-person dining table. It gave Myles an opportunity to study her milky white skin and her dainty but delicate features that perfectly fit the small frame of her face. He swallowed as he imagined the size of her breasts. From the look of it, they couldn't be very hefty but would still be round and perfectly sized for her slim body.

Only God knew! She had everything that his lady friends from the past possessed.

Niksa completely misread his furrowed brows. When she brought him the heated steak, she asked gently.