chapter 6.

her
sizzling, and fumes of eggs, and other cooked goods came from the kitchen. slowly, but surely, it drove people from their rooms.

"yes!" a boyish voice called, running to the island table, and stealing a piece of sausage, "[y/n]'s making breakfast!"

"theo! wait for everything to be set on the table," you growled at the thief. he shrugged, taking yet another piece, and booking it out of the kitchen before you got to him first. glaring in the younger's direction, you redirected your attention back to the scrambled eggs being cooked atop the stove.

"not everyday do we see you cooking breakfast, are you in one of your moods?" miguel mused with an arched brow.

"no, i'm not. just feel bad cause i got home late last night, and didn't get to my chores,"

"oh, that's reminds me. your on market duty today since i had to do your's yesterday," he said, as if he actually did forget your punishment for not fulfilling your chores the previous day.

you grumbled, "dammit. fine," your brother snickered as he followed you to the table, carrying a few of the plates that held the food.

"thank you mijita," your mother kissed your temple as you set some plates down next to her before sitting down in your seat. her light peck releasing the tension from your face, and turning it into a smile.

          "here [y.n], the list for the things you need to get," miguel said, handing you a short sheet of paper with messy writing. if he wasn't your brother, and have seen his writing millions of times, you don't think you would've been able to read it.

you nodded with a sigh, taking the sheet from his grasp, and pocketing it. it wasn't even noon yet, and you were already tired. oh well. you would get it done quickly then come right back home to finish your own chores.

you snuck pass people around the market, a poncho layered atop your skirt, with tassels at the end, and a hood covering your head. on the list, there were planting seeds, so you headed towards the flower, and veg stand. hoping there were still tomato's left seeing as they sold out fairly quickly.

throughout the hour, you'd darted to many different stalls for household items your family were missing. however you got off track when seeing a toy train in the window of a toy store. you glared at it lightly, thinking of how much your younger brother loved them, and how his birthday was coming up. biting your inner lip, you strode inside, ready to blow this week's allowance. you scanned the store, looking for the exact toy that was on display, only to find it on one of the highest shelves to the side. you searched for the owner, but he seemed not to be in the shop.

you sighed, trying as hard as you could to reach the train without knocking anything else over, but alas, you weren't able to even brush it with the tips of your finger. you cussed under your breath before a shadow appeared behind you before growing larger, casting atop of the shelves in front of you. your eyes widened in surprise as you watched it before spinning around only to see a tall man in his early 20's reaching a lengthy arm to the top shelf, grabbing what you failed to reach. he handed it to you politely.

"thank you si—," your eye twitched, "—er.. camilo?"

you watched as the polite man turned into a young boy with a smirk.

"your welcome señorita, that's the first time you've actually used my name," he noted. you hummed, still quite stunned at his sudden appearance. it seemed as if it was becoming more apparent that he was appearing in your life. from not even knowing who he was to seeing him nearly everyday. you wondered if it was by coincidence, fate, or his doing.

"i never took you as someone who liked trains, didn't think you were childish enough to play with them," he mocked you from the other day.

"it's for my brother, madrigal. he likes trains, and it's his birthday on sunday,"

camilo nodded, "miguel? didn't think he liked trains either,"

"no idiota, theodore. my younger brother likes trains,"

"oh, mateo. that makes more sense," he pondered.

you scoffed, rolling your eyes at the boy you deemed idiotic.

"goodbye mentecato," you said, waving the boy off as you put an envelope with money on the front counter, and left. leaving the boy behind once again.

shorter one today sorry! this chapter was supposed to be one including more of the family, but it just turned into another camilo filler chapter-