Hospital visits

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: TALKING ABOUT SUICIDE⚠️
————————————————————————
Luz' Pov:

A couple minutes later the healing coven members finally arrive while I'm holding Amity as close to me as possible, bawling my eyes out because i'm scared of losing her. I hear the healers being led to the room by Odalia and slowly put Amity's head in my lap so she doesn't lay on the cold, bloody ground and gets even more cuts and I keep on putting pressure on the wound. A healer comes up to me and asks me to take away the towel so they can get a better look at the cut while another one questions Odalia and Eda wanting to know what exactly happened even though both don't have real answers. „This isn't good, we need to take her to a medical clinic as soon as possible", the healer says after inspecting and cleaning the wound. „She's lost a lot of blood and it will be difficult to get her out of here without hurting her even more so could you help us?", they ask. I give them a slight nod and slowly get up while they carefully lift up Amity with help of their co-worker. As soon as I'm standing straight again I join them and help carry her to the ambulance, careful so I don't hurt her even more. „Stay strong cariño", I whisper to her knowing fully well she can't hear me.

Not much later we arrive at the Boiling Isles version of a hospital. I was able to stay in the ambulance thingy with Amity since I needed to support her body, while Mrs. Blight and Eda had to use their staffs to get here. We enter the emergency room and the healers instantly put Amity on some cables and give her a mask that helps her breathe since she can't really do it herself. One cable is connected to a clip on her finger and checks her pulse. It's really low and I start panicking again. I try to touch her, but one of the healers casts a spell so I can't reach her. „I'm sorry ma'am, but it's
important she's not getting touched unless by staff right now since you could bring germs and make the cuts worse. Right now Miss Blight here is barely alive and we need to perform surgery on her to close the open wounds, so we sadly have to ask you to leave the room." I nod and head out the door, looking back at my love once more before going to join Eda and the older green haired witch in the waiting room. Odalia is demanding to see her daughter and complains about me being able to enter the room with Amity even though I only could do so because I had to help carry her. I sit down next to Eda and sigh. „Hey kiddo...look at me", the cranky old witch says. I lift my head a bit and try to smile. „I know you're worried about that Blight girl, but it's going to be alright, okey? She's a strong witch and nothing could stop her before so I doubt this will", she says trying to reassure me. I sigh again and try to hold in tears. „Okey that wasn't helpful...well do you maybe want to get some snacks from the vending machine to cheer you up a bit?" I perk up and nod. Eda gets up and offers me a hand which I take before following her. „Say Luz...do you know why she tried to kill herself?", the witch asks. I get startled and try to form a sentence. „H-How did you know..that she..that it was a suicide attempt?", I ask looking Eda in the eyes. „Well, there are still some things on the Boiling Isles you don't know, most of them aren't important though. What I'm trying to say is that there are some more differences between us and you humans...like the color of our blood. Normally our blood is more pink-ish than red...unless you hurt yourself forcefully.", she explains before moving her shirt around her neck slightly so I can get a look at her shoulders. There are thin lines, colored black and they're very visible on her pale skin. „That's why you never wore anything without sleeves.", I mutter. Eda nods and stops walking since we're standing in front of the vending machine now. She puts some snails in it and pushes a few buttons before taking the candy and handing it to me. „There you go...anyways you're probably wondering why I did it. Remember what I told you about my mom trying everything to get rid of my curse?", she asks and I nod. „Great. Well, with trying everything she even told a member of the healing coven to cut the Owl Beast out and she took me to so many people and always complained about the curse. She made me feel like I have to be ashamed of myself. So one day I took a knife from our kitchen and wanted to stop the Owl Beast from being a part of me...you can probably figure out the rest." I nod and give her a hug. „I'm sorry Eda...I didn't know that. I wish you wouldn't have had the feeling to do it.", I whisper before letting go of her and sitting down in the waiting room again. Odalia is no where to be seen so I'm guessing she got kicked out. I take the chance and talk to Eda some more. „To answer your question from earlier: Amity already wasn't feeling well. Her dad left her and her siblings did too beacuse they didn't wanna live with Odalia anymore. Amity was forced to stay and be little miss perfect. Her mom rules her life. She chooses who she's allowed to talk to, how much she's allowed to eat and all that stuff...and when Amity doesn't behave, she gets punished. Her mom hits her and yells at her. Amity told me all of that earlier today when I got the chance to talk to her in school. She's really scared of her mom and I felt like it was all too much for her...I didn't know she'd try to kill herself though.", I explain, recieving a groan from Eda. „I should've known it. Odalia was never really a good person. Not even back when we were at Hexside her and Lily were friends. It was a toxic friendship since Odalia just did what she wanted and wasn't paying any attention to Lily's needs. I had to see Lily suffer every weekend when those two spent time together until she finally joined the Emperor's coven and had the opportunity to stop talking to Odalia. I should've guessed the bitch didn't change a single bit, but I hoped she'd atleast be good enough to treat her children right. I guess I was wrong." I listen to her talk about the green haired bitch until we hear a healer call for us.