brandon asks, "what do you guys plan on doing after we graduate?" it's the first question that makes them all think for a while.

selene's the first to answer, "i'm planning on law school, i think i'd make a good lawyer. i'm pretty persuasive,"

kara laughs, "are you sure you can handle it?"

selene shrugs, "i'll manage,"

"i think i want to be a doctor," it's brandon sharing his dreams now

"you've been saying that since we were kids," vinnie smiles

"yeah, i guess since it's getting closer i've actually decide for sure."

next is kara, "i have no desire to work."

"amen," faye says, giving her best friend a high five.

kara accepts but raises her eyebrows, "didn't you say you wanted to start a business?"

the girl shrugs, "i do, but i don't know,"

vinnie resists the urge to ask her a question but selene hums and happens to ask it for him, "why don't you know?"

"it just doesn't," she thinks, "i just don't have a plan for it."

"what do you want to make a business for?" brandon asks

faye thinks for a moment, "it's not really set in stone, i just want to make a company that caters to young black people and helps them get ahead."

the rest of the group nods in understanding before brandon turns to vinnie.

"what about you, man?"

the boy looks frustrated by the question and shrugs, "i don't know,"

"well you better figure it out, we graduate in a couple weeks."

although brandon meant no harm, the comment still pissed vinnie off. vinnie reached for a pillow from the couch he was sitting on and threw it at him.

brandon squeals as the drink in his hand spills on him, "great, now i need to go change."

the spill is minor but he looks at selene and kara and they decide it's time to assert their plan.

selene gets up once she hears the door close, "i need to get something out of my car. kara, will you help me?"

kara follows suit but is interrupted by faye, "i can help,"

"no, you stay here." selene smiles before dragging kara out the door as well.

thus leaving faye and vinnie alone on the same couch. it doesn't take either of them too long to figure that's what they wanted to happen anyway.

vinnie decides he'll let her talk first. he's always the one making an effort, he knows she feels the same way, but she needs to make it known.

"i'm sorry, vinnie," those were words he definitely wasn't expecting that

he looks at her first and sees she's still looking ahead, "for what?"

"i don't know, i just feel like i owe you an apology."

she's still looking ahead, she doesn't notice him moving closer but suddenly feels his hand on her thigh and the other turning her face to his.

"why?"

"i like you so much, and i'm sorry that my feelings got us into this mess."

his stare make faye even more upset because she can see the way his lips turn slightly into a frown. had she said something wrong?

"i'm not," faye's confused, "i'm not sorry. my feelings for you has to be one of the realest things i've ever felt."

vinnie notices faye's eyes flicker to his lips and he lets her think out the play as she kisses him.

outside, the big window that sits behind the couch catches the moment perfectly for brandon, selene, and kara.

their claps and sounds of admiration can't even be heard from the two inside as they don't separate.

kara smiles, "at least their annoying asses can finally stop pining after each other."

——————————
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
happy new year! i really wanted to push out an update today so enjoy this update. i'm kind of scared to finish this book cause i kinda don't want to write this other story idea i had. anyway, i'll figure it out! but please vote/interact <3