018.

ʚ🧸ɞ♬ - LATE NIGHT"can you feel it everywhere?the wind blowing through your good hairand you can feel it when you step in the room"

ʚ🧸ɞ
- LATE NIGHT
"can you feel it everywhere?
the wind blowing through your good hair
and you can feel it when you step in the room"

APRIL 12th, 2021
12:45 am
faye's pov

it's midnight and yet i find myself in front of selene's house. i honestly don't know how i found myself here.

it's an interesting thing, really. one second i find myself waking up from a nap, the next second i find myself driving here, in hopes of who knows what.

i just feel stupid, on a thousand levels. why couldn't i just like allison? why couldn't this whole situation be avoided? well it could, which makes me feel even more stupid.

anyway, there's no doubt in my mind that everyone in the home is awake. the hundred of lights shine through their open windows and i feel like a creep for even noticing.

i find myself finally getting out of the car after thinking for about ten minutes. without thinking i'm at the door, knocking and waiting.

i'm not surprised when selene's dad opens the door. i am surprised to see he's in a robe, interesting.

"faye, hello," i don't miss the confusion on his face "what are you doing here, at this hour?"

i think of a lie, as quick as i can, "oh, i left something with selene. i need to pick it up for tomorrow. it won't be long, i promise."

he nods and opens the door further to let me in, i hear his voice as i climb my way up the stairs, "it's a school night, don't be long!"

i don't respond and make my way throughout the familiar house, finally ending up at selene's door. i'm aware of selene's horrible sleep schedule, and there's no way she's not awake. but yet i'm still hesitant to actually go in, so i knock.

she opens the door harshly, "dad i'm gonna go to sleep soon i pro-"

to her surprise, it's me, "hi,"

she looks shocked, and a little concerned, "hey, i didn't know you were coming." she opens the door as an invite and i see the mess of her room, there's no way she was planning on going to sleep anytime soon.

"yeah. well, it was a last minute decision." selene nods in understanding

"what's up? you must have something to say if you're coming here at one am,"

"can we go out on the balcony? it's pretty hot in here," it's not really, i'm just such a coward that i don't want to have to look her in the face when i confess.

"yeah sure," i lead the way and she grabs a coat.

as we stand there reveling in the cold air, i gather the courage to say what could end our friendship.