7

Moon's POV

Sun wouldn't shut up. I hate how we can communicate through our minds. 'Awww look at how cute they are while sleeping!'

You said that last time.

'But its true! Just look!'

I am looking.

Why was a guilty about hurting them? It's what I'm supposed to do. I guess in a way I didn't like seeing people get hurt.

'Kiss their head!' Sun thought excitedly.

I am NOT doing that. I argued.

But I did it anyways. I don't know why, I just did.

They smiled in their sleep. I could feel warmth run through me. No no stupid stupid! You can't fall in love with a human! They'll die and you'll be left all alone!

I tried shrugging off the feeling but it didn't seem to go away. It was just a tiny little feeling that will soon go away. I'm sure of it.

But what if it wasn't? What if that feeling grew bigger? I'm not a human. I can barely kiss them! My mouth can't move it stays in a smile.

An unsettling smile that no one would fall for.

If I could move my mouth, or even blink, maybe I would come off friendlier.

I got up and made sure y/n didn't bump their head on anything. I slowly got out and walked to some tools at the desk.

A whole new face. I wish a whole new me but oh well.

I made one for sun, too.

The new face was just like the original except more friendly-looking. The mouth moved and so did the eyes. The face was more smooth and happy, but still had the sun and moon shape.

I was able to replace my face with the new one. It fit well and when I tried it out it worked. I put Sun's into a drawer for him to put on when the lights came back on. I went back inside of the mini house and cuddled y/n.

Do you think they'll like me more now?

'Something tells me that they liked you even before." Sun responded.