Walking the loneliest road

Magsimula sa umpisa

Rei: I have fifty dollars.

Asuka: Yes! I only have seven. Thankfully, I knew you wouldn't have spent much.

Rei: I was warned to keep an extra sum of cash in case of an emergency.

Asuka: Listen, if this damn country upgraded their banking system, I'd use my card to buy this place.

Whilst they grabbed their snacks, drinks and performed their bathroom necessities, Shinji suffered the scorching heat in unit 01's shadow.

Having to take off his jacket and top portion of his plug suit to deal with the heat, Shinji took notice of a trucker gawking at unit 01.

Trucker:...

Trucker:(in English) So... Those that big guy take diesel or something?

Shinji: Uhh...

With no idea what they just said, he smiles and nods.

Shinji:(politely nods)

Trucker:(nods in awe)

Asuka: Oi, catch!

Without looking, Shinji catches a water bottle as Unit 01 moves its arm exactly like Shinji.

Everyone:?!!

Rei: Perhaps we shouldn't test Ikari's reaction time while his synchronization rate with unit 01 so high.

Asuka: How was I supposed to know his Eva would move while he's outside it.

Shinji: No one's blaming you Asuka.

Rei:...

Asuka: Whatever. Use your freaky link to get us out of here.

(Rumble)

Everyone:!?

The civilians looked around in confusion at the slight tremor while the Eva pilots looked around with suspicion.

Asuka: Two days ago, I'd write this off as a random earthquake... But after what happened in Hawaii...

Taking a quick glug of water, Shinji put on the top half of his plug suit, pressing a button on the wrist to tighten it.

Shinji: I'll take a quick scan of the area.

He hands off his jacket and water to Rei before climbing his Eva.

After the entry plug entered Unit 01, the purple giant rose and quickly began moving away as Shinji scanned for any activity.

(Rumble)

Shinji:...

"I sense a presence underground."

Shinji: I can feel it. So can the instruments...

"Proceed with caution when using your AT field."

Shinji:?

Shinji:(speaker) Asuka, Rei, get everyone inside. I'm going to draw out whatever is underground.

Asuka:(in English) Alright everyone! This is now a NERV operation! Get in the gas station and shut up until it's safe to get out!

Rei:(in English) Please enter in an orderly fashion.

Moving even further away from the gas station, Shinji activates his AT field.

At that exact moment, a white tendril shoots out of the ground towards Unit 01's core.

Shinji:!

Grabbing the tendril before it could hit the core, Unit 01 and Shinji began seeing large veins on the hand in contact with the Angel.