"I know", I answered as my eyes closed my suspicions were right.

"Did you guys had a fight?", She asked as I looked at her with no answer.

"Anyways, When are you going to tell her?", Her question caught me off guard as I held her question glare with no emotion.

"What.."

"Don't pretend Zane. You guys are going to break her if she knows about it. How in the hell you guys did that? Either you tell her or I'm going to tell her", she hissed as I was not surprised by her protectiveness towards Brat.

She even stayed back for one year, next to her friend when she was in coma. She was hell bent on making brat healthy and want to get back to school together.

"Give me some time", I asked her while she looked entirely different. Xander must have opened up to her.

While me...

"Two days Zane. Two days. Livia is what matters to me more. If she knows I know and keeping something very important from her, I will lose her. I will better die before I lose my biggest part of my life", V said determined making me smile seeing her protectiveness toward Liv.

The same time it's going to change everything between Me,Xander, V and Brat.

I don't want to hurt her. God...

"I'm leaving", I announced as I wanted to prepare myself for explaining things to brat.

I texted brat.

Mine❤️

I miss you. I hate this. Us being apart💔

"I'm coming too. Xander is asking me to meet him in your office", she looked up from her phone and got up.

"You might lose Xander", I told her while she looked back at me with a pained smile.

"If I have to chose between Liv and Xander, it's always going to be Liv. I can live with a scared heart as Liv will be helping me. But not without Liv. She is what I value most after my parents", She told walking out.

I gave her a small smile.

Reaching office I found Xander waiting in conference hall with a smile.

Seeing my face and V's face his face turned pale.

Livia's POV

I wiped the tear that fallen reading Zane's text.

He knows I'm avoiding him.

I can't pretend that it did not affecting me when he keeps me away from his life.

It makes me feel bad that he did not trusting me.

I know it will change things between us still I wanted to know his past and mend our relationship for better.

My Zane❤️

I miss you. I hate this. Us being apart💔

Me

Me too💔

I replied as I couldn't wrap my head as I was missing Zane like crazy.

This won't do Livia. Don't sulk around. You know what you have signed for.

Just go meet your husband and solve your issues.

Determined I got out of my cabin after six days to meet Zane.

He must be in his office.

Driving to Zane's office I was greeted by other people in human.

"Char, Where is Zane?", I asked her smiling.

"He is in conference hall and stop smiling as if we are friends", she snapped in a fake tone ending up smiling.

Winking at her as she rolled my eyes I made my way to conference hall.

I can barge in Zane's office but not in conference. I don't want to fool myself one more time in front of his important partners.

"Did she know my brother?", I heard Devin's voice stopping at my tracks.

My heart rammed against my ears.

My hands were shaking for unknown fear.

"Get out Devin".

"Shut up your filthy mouth".

Xander and Vivian's voice made me gulp.

What they are talking about?

Retreat Livia. Please you don't want to over hear the conversation.

Ignoring my gut I stood rooted to place.

"Did she know that her lovely brother is the one pushed her off from the cliff?", I gasped loudly as my heart stopped at his question.

Devin smirked seeing me at the door while Zane looked hurt and angered while Xander looked shocked as guilt covered his features.

My heart shattered when I saw V's face filled with hurt and sadness.

"Xan..it's me your bu..ffalo", my hands circled around Xander's hand to free from his clutch.

I was raised to height as Xander as he throttled my neck.

I gasped for air as tears flowed from my eyes.

"Zane..Help me", Zane was watching without helping me.

I slumped to floor as I gasped for air.

"Brat, Liv", All of them rushed to my side as I stopped them.

Devin looking happy at his result.

Taking deep breaths I pulled myself up wiping the tears.

"Give me some time. I'll come to you guys back", with that I walked away without turning back.

I phoned mom.

"Mom", I croaked.

"Doll..Are you crying baby? What happened? Where are you doll?", Mom's worried voice made me cry a lot.

"Mom, Is that true?", I asked as I clutched my shirt tighter.

My fear turned into confirmation when mom stayed silent.

I ended the call as I walked out to wherever my legs taking me.

Do you know what kills me?

I blamed Zane for the things he didn't do. I hurted Zane for no reason.

I hate myself for not trusting Zane.

How would he belive me when I'm blaming him all along for the thing he didn't do?

I walked. Just walked till my legs gave up.

Slumping to the ground in a secluded place I cried my heart out.

I'm sorry Zane.

*****
Happy New Year,my beautiful readers❤️

May this new year brings you things you craving for. May this new year brings you more goodness with good health.❤️❤️❤️

A big surprise revealed. Did you guys expected it?

I planned this book around 40 chapters. It may go up but no less.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Do comment and vote!

Love ❤️❤️ moniagnes