december 26, 2021, 7:59am

My school's tech department designed something new: a semi-self aware AI robot for kids to play with. It was like a giant Thomas the Train with six wheels that it could pick up like feet. He lived in a parking garage full of sand and at first students were into the game before they realised Thomas could not be caught. The train gave me really bad vibes so I didn't like to play with it but I wondered if another robot could catch him so I designed a little robot to follow Thomas and sent it off along his tracks in the sand. It was chugging along after Thomas for a while before Thomas detected its presence and picked up its wheel feet and moved to make the tracks end. It confused my little bot and it started sending me distress signals that it was stuck in the sand so I went to the parking garage to get it and ended up following Thomas' new tracks to a spot where the sand ran out and it was all brick and cement. I saw Thomas there and cornered him. I came close and he was snarling and trying to bite me but I tagged him. Immediately he started shaking and rattling and he changed. He extended to about 30 feet long and his wheels turned into hundreds of human limbs and he roared so I started running. I could hear him behind me and I looked back once and he was climbing on walls and weaving between poles and over cars with the help of all his limbs. I managed to escape the parking garage and found the emergency phone where I called for help and explained that Thomas was alive and evil and after me. The person on the other line said, "Good, finally." and then hung up. Then Thomas the Train ate me.