september 4, 2021, 6:40am

I was with all my roommates and Liz in my car, except instead of my car it was a minivan. We were all hanging out grooving to music and some guy about our age asked for a ride home. I still had 3 seats open in the very back so I reluctantly agreed to drive him. He was polite which helped me be less nervous about having a stranger in my car. We stopped for snacks at a gas station and a couple other kids flagged us down and asked for a ride home. I didn't want to drive them, but everyone else agreed to let them in so all 3 of them climbed into my car and squished into the backseat and immediately I heard an alarm going off. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the window at the gas station was broken. The kids all had bags of things with them. I seemed to be the only one to notice that they'd just robbed a store and essentially hijacked my car to use me as a getaway driver.

They told me to drive, and I did, and I was skipping a ton of songs as I always do and one of the guys in the backseat was getting angry about it. He was the leader of the thieving kids and he looked like Michael the tall goth kid from South Park. He started asking me weird questions and I tried to tell him as little as possible because he was weird and I didn't like him. He asked if the little screen on my dashboard was a touchscreen and I said no, then Liz cut in and told him that "yeah, it's totally a touchscreen" so I smacked her trying to get her to shut up because I didn't want them stealing parts of my car, and I told her to control the music from my phone only.

At one point we stopped for biscuits which should have been fine except I felt like I had to stand guard so I only got like 2 bites of food while I watched over my car and my friends eating with the creepy hitchhikers. One of the biscuits was glazed in this nasty, thick, goopy glaze with flecks of gold sprinkles or gold foil and it was gelatinous. It was gross. We all climbed back into my car and every few seconds I checked my mirror to look at the weirdos in the back and ensure nothing was going on. After a while I was absolutely starving so I proposed the idea of driving through McDonalds. The kids in the back told me no and demanded I keep driving. I'd been driving for several hours at this point and was really hungry but the way he said it made me realise he thought he was in charge of the situation, which probably meant he had a gun or something and I needed to protect everybody. The first kid we picked up was asleep and the group of 3 was huddled up and whispering and it made me so nervous I woke up.