Chapter 30 - Deceived

Ivy;

I watch with fear as their blades impact heavily upon one another's with loud 'crashes' of solid steel, one after the other. 

Both men's muscular bodies are now fully on display for me to see as they use nothing but brute strength to fend each other off. 

They clearly want to murder one another... but I have yet to learn their reason for such seeded loathing. 

One day perhaps.

And how do I feel about the duel occurring before my eyes?

Let's face it, most women would be drooling over such a sight if it happened!

The movement of their sun-tanned skin flexing over incredible muscles, the impressive strength both men show whilst effortlessly wielding their massively heavy swords and spinning them around in the air... it's enough to make any woman's panties soaked with heated desire.

But me, I feel terrible... 

I can physically feel my stomach churning with anxiety as I try to swallow it away.

The last thing I wanted was for Adomis to risk his life for me in such a senseless duel to the death. I can not control the outcome of this fight and deep down I know that if he died, I would soon follow. 

The pain would be too much for me to bear.

Ronaar on the other hand, I couldn't care less if he gets skewered.

Suddenly the idea hits me like a cold bucket of water being thrown over my head, shocking me to my very core as my wide-open eyes stare blankly at the two men who continue to fight.

'No way... it's not possible!'

But as much as I try to talk myself out of it, I know the truth. I know this feeling deep within my heart and what it means. I know why the possibility of him dying today is more than I can think to bear. 

Why I care about him so much...

I suddenly smile as I allow it to sink in and become a reality among my many thoughts.

'I love him...'

'I love Adomis, with every fibre of my being - with my very heart and soul.'

This newly acquired information seems to lighten my mood somewhat, even as the possibility of death looms heavily in the air. 

Zarkin looks at me with a baffled expression. He's unsure of why I'm smiling in a situation such as this.

And I don't blame him, I'm just as confused.

His voice beckons me from my thoughts all of a sudden.

"Come Ivy, we need to go now, while he's distracted!"

Zarkin pulls at my arm as I feel myself unknowingly pull back in defiance.

"We don't have much time." he adds.

I stiffen against his hold.

"No, I can't just leave Adomis here." I insist sternly.

Zarkin comes around to stand in front of me, blocking off my view of the fight to allow me to give him my full attention as he speaks.

"Adomis needs to make sure that you're safe. We came all this way to bring you back home safely. Do you understand?" he explains.

"The Overlord is fully capable of holding his own in this situation against Ronaar. You just need to trust him."

I open my mouth but there is no argument exiting it. I have nothing. Yes, I am afraid for Adomis' safety, but perhaps Zarkin is right.