Chapter 28

It had been a few weeks since their fateful encounter, and things were steadily improving back to where they had originally been in terms of their relationship, but it still felt rather delicate. Creating a schedule along with a codeword made handling situations a lot easier for both men.

Currently, it was the night before everyone was set to leave for the Christmas holiday. Bags had been packed long ago, and Harry and Draco were questioning their mode of travel when there was a knock at the door.

Untangling their limbs, Draco got up to answer the door.

"Oh, hello... everyone? Harry, push the beds together will you?"

He did as told, then took a seat back on Draco's bed.

"Are you all packed?", Hermione asked, sitting on the edge of Harry's bed.

"We are. Just trying to figure out whether we're taking the train or using McGonagall's floo."

"That's exactly what we were all wondering", Pansy said, dropping down onto Draco's bed.

"I think... I'd like to take the train", Harry said slowly.

"Are you sure mate? We could all just use the floo", Ron chimed in quickly.

"It's our last year, I think it would be nice."

"Works for us", Blaise agreed.

The group of friends sat together, talking and laughing. With Harry's head on Draco's lap and his legs on Ron's, he was feeling good.

"Oh Harry your guitar is out again! Have you been practicing? I haven't heard you play in ages!", Hermione remarked.

"I've been learning a new song, yeah. I was inspired."

"Would you play for me?"

"I'm not very good, but if everyone wants then I suppose."

After receiving many nods in agreement, Harry grabbed his guitar, squeezing Draco's hand softly.

"For you", his message said.

"This one is called I Swear This Time I Mean It."

"Oh Florida please be still tonight
Don't disturb this love of mine
Look how he's so serene
You've gotta help me out"

Draco was absolutely captivated by his boyfriend's voice, and knowing that this song was for him, for them, made it even more perfect.

"So I'll sing a melody
And hope to God he's listening
Sleeping softly while I sing
And I'll be your memories
Your lullaby for all the times
Hoping that my voice could get it right"

Harry would sing him to sleep sometimes, and Draco would listen, knowing that the chosen songs meant something to Harry.

"And wrists that touch
It isn't much, but it's enough
To form imaginary lines
Forget your scars, we'll forget mine
The hours change so fast
Oh God, please make this last"

The insecurity hit Draco in this verse, but Harry was enough for him, and he was enough for Harry. He knew that now. They would each trace imaginary lines on each other, and it was often how the other man was woken up each morning, a reassurance that they were still there and weren't going anywhere. Their scars however, could never truly be forgotten, but it wasn't hurting their relationship, only strengthening it with how vulnerable they could be with each other. They would last, Draco was sure of it.

"You could crush me
Please don't crush me
'Cause baby I'm a dreamer for sure
And I won't let you down
I swear this time I mean it"

Once Harry sang this, Draco's heart broke a little bit. He vowed to do his best to never crush Harry again. Draco would swear to Harry that he meant.

"Oh Harry that was wonderful! You've improved so much."

"Thanks Mione", he replied with a smile.

Draco was ready to kick everybody out so that he could snog his boyfriend in peace. He didn't get his wish for awhile as the song seemed to amplify the energy in the room. With Harry's head now on his shoulder, he could live.

"Harry, do you want me to fix your eyebrows again?", Pansy asked as the fun was dying down for the night.

"Sure."

"Sorry mate, that's my cue to leave. Last time this happened Parkinson made my forehead bleed."

"I was mad at you for hurting for Harry."

"That's fair enough", Ron agreed, shrugging his shoulders. "You're all coming round on Christmas right?"

They all agreed, and Ron pulled out a roll of parchment from his pocket.

"Great, here are the room arrangements for those of you staying over."

"Oh, I have to do those for New Year's Day", Draco remarked. "You're all sure you want to spend the night at The Manor? It's been redone, but if you're uncomfortable Harry offered to hold the sleepover at Grimmauld."

"It's not so bad anymore", Hermione agreed.

"My mother doesn't care who anyone wants to room with, I'll just need to know how many beds per room, but that can wait."

They all agreed, and they bid each other goodnight.

"Finally they're gone! I've wanted to kiss you for hours now."

"I know", Harry teased. "It's all you were thinking about whenever I'd brush my hand over yours."

"Quit spying on me and do something about it then", Draco huffed.

Harry kissed Draco sweetly, but was taken aback when Draco straddled his hips, pushing him against the headboard.

"Tell me what you want", Harry instructed, his pupils dilating as Draco kissed down his neck.

"I think we need a shower."

Once they had gotten out a while later, Harry couldn't help but agree that a shower was most definitely needed. Draco had been very appreciative of the song.

"Are you alright my darling?", Draco asked, once they were cuddling together in bed.

"I'm good, sweetheart. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Do you think we hid our relationship too long?"

"I think it's amazing that it hasn't all come out yet. They may be a bit hurt first, but they'll understand. There was a lot to work through with the both of us, and I think they would have put too much pressure on us. It's easier to make mistakes and learn from them at this point. We still have a lot to work through, especially after what happened. They'll be accepting though."

"I know they will", Harry agreed. "I just can't wait to tell them at Christmas."