Runaway (Leighade)

A/N: I might upload a lot tonight just because I feel like it. I have so much in my drafts and it needs to be posted, but I have to revise everything so it might take me a while. So, I'm hitting you guys with some more Pesy and some Leighade. I also just realized that this originally was meant to be Pesy, but then I put in Leighade and accidentally made it based around Leighade and now Pesy is just in the background kinda. Yeah, but I don't think some of you guys will care. Anyway, enjoy ❤️

TW: Topics of abuse (nothing too serious, just talking about it)

---

"She's going to get hurt. We both know that." Jade stared at Leigh-Anne with a raised eyebrow, her honey eyes swirling with worry.

"No, she won't. Perrie isn't stupid enough to stay there for long enough for anything to happen," the Jamaican paused, her eyebrows furrowing as she inhaled sharply. "Right?"

"We're talking about Perrie Edwards, Leigh. She's emotional and Jes isn't there to help her. I'm sure something will happen before too long."

"So, you're saying it was a bad idea for us to let her go alone then? Especially since Jesy doesn't know. Y'know if something happens to her, Jes will literally burn us alive. Jesus. Jade, why did we let her go alone?" Leigh whined as she stood up, her eyes panicked when Jade got up with her and grabbed her car keys, Harvey and Kyro looking at them with confused eyes.

The Geordie rushed out of their house as she got into her car hurriedly knowing that they made a mistake. Leigh-Anne followed her lead before her eyes widened as she heard her phone ring, Jesy's name showing up. "Answer it," Jade hissed as she started the car, Leigh picking up the phone as she bit her lip nervously.

"Where's Perrie?" Jesy's voice was calm, but her tone was dangerous, Leigh-Anne laughing nervously as she risked a glance at Jade who was shaking her head quickly.

"She said that she went to go pick up some food so we could watch a movie-"

"Leigh-Anne Pinnock. Where is my girlfriend?"

"At Alex's," she squeaked out, Jade groaning as she smacked her head, Leigh avoiding her gaze when the Geordie glared at her. Jesy hung up the phone right after the words left her mouth, Jade shaking her head slowly.

"Why did you tell her?"

Leigh-Anne fiddled with her fingers as she stared at them, her eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sorry. She needs to know. It's her girlfriend. Don't act like you weren't the same way she was when this happened to me," Leigh spoke softly, her hands shaking slightly as she recalled what she had gone through with Andre.

"I know, I just worry about Jes. Her anger gets the best of her sometimes and I get scared that she may do something that will get her into loads of trouble one day. I'm sure if she were to do anything, it would more than likely be for Perrie," the Geordie replied, her voice tense but gentle as Leigh shook her head slightly, her way of trying to rid her mind of the memories that haunted it day and night.

Jade went to grab Leigh-Anne's hand, the older woman flinching away as she whimpered softly, the Jamaican seeming to forget where she was and who she was with. "Leigh..." Jade murmured, her eyes searching her girlfriend's face as she intertwined their fingers, the brunette attempting to ignore the way Leigh tensed. "It's just me, babe."

The Jamaican inhaled deeply and pressed her head against the window, Jade checking her phone when she saw a message from Jesy. "Jes said that we don't need to go over there. She already picked Perrie up. She's fine," Jade murmured, Leigh-Anne nodded slightly before sighing when she felt Jade's hand leave her grip.

The Geordie turned her car off before getting out and shutting the door. She was making her way up to the front door, Jade stopping when she realized that Leigh hadn't gotten out of the car.

She frowned as she walked over to the passenger side and opened her door, Leigh-Anne curled up. "Look at me, hun."

The older woman shook her head slightly, her bottom lip quivering, making Jade look at her with gentle eyes before tugging her out of the car and inside. She pulled Leigh upstairs, their fingers intertwined in a comforting manner.

Leigh-Anne pulled her shirt, jeans, shoes, and socks off before slipping on one of Jade's overly baggy shirts and slipping under the sheets. Jade did the same seconds later after turning the lights off, a soft glow coming from the moon outside. She wrapped her arms around Leigh's waist as she held her close, the older woman burying her face in the brunette's neck when she felt her arms around her waist. "What's bothering you about it? Other than the obvious."

"He said he loved me, and then did that," was her quiet response, the Geordie inhaling sharply before pressing a kiss to her girlfriend's forehead.

"He didn't love you, Leigh-Anne. There-"

"But he said he did. He did things for me-"

"No," Jade cut her off instantly, her eyes pained when Leigh-Anne pulled back and looked at her. "The only thing he did was hurt you. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. That was all. He didn't love you. It doesn't matter what he said. It wasn't true. That wasn't love, Leigh." Her throat tightened at the thought of Leigh believing that what he did and said to her was love. "He abused you in every way possible. That's not love. That's manipulation. That was a toxic relationship. There was no love. Maybe you loved him, but he didn't love you. He manipulated you and made you think that you loved him."

"Jade, he-"

"Leigh-Anne, are you saying that I don't love you? He hit you. He physically abused you. He didn't just degrade you. He actually hit you. Are you saying that because I don't do that, I don't love you? Do you seriously feel like that was love? Is that what you're telling me?" Jade sat up as she stared at Leigh-Anne, her voice rising, tears blurring her vision. "Please tell me that's not what you're trying to say."

"It's not," the Jamaican rushed out, her voice coming out panicked as she sat up. "I promise. It's just, I don't know. I don't want to say it. Forget it. It doesn't matter." She shook her head and went to lay back down, but Jade stopped her, their eyes meeting.

"What is it?" Her brows were furrowed, Leigh shaking her head before stopping.

She took a deep breath, a tear slipping down her face. The woman knew she was going to regret ever telling Jade this, just like she regretted ever thinking it would happen. "I'm scared that one day you're going to lose it and hit me like he did."

Leigh-Anne instantly wanted to take back her words, horror and a torturous look ghosting over Jade's eyes. She looked absolutely destroyed, the older woman pressing their lips together in hopes that she could make Jade forget what she said.

The Geordie only reciprocated slightly before pulling back, her eyes troubled. "I could never do that to you," she softly spoke, her gaze piercing as she studied her girlfriend's features. "I'm never going to. I hope you know that."

A comfortable silence filled the room, Leigh tugging Jade down to lay beside her before curling into her. The brunette reached up and wiped Leigh-Anne's tears away before running her fingers through her curls, the Jamaican relaxing into her. "I love you so much," Jade whispered quietly into the darkness that engulfed their room

"I love you more," Leigh murmured, the woman already drifting off, Jade keeping her grip tightly around her girlfriend.

At that moment, Jade knew that if she ever laid eyes on Andre, Jesy would have to hold her back. She wouldn't let anything like what he did happen to Leigh-Anne again.

The feeling of her girlfriend curled against her made her smile before she closed her eyes and held her close. She would always be there to protect Leigh no matter what, and the thought comforted Jade, just like she hoped that soon it would comfort her lover as well.

---

A/N: Okay btw, no hate to Andre. I don't hate him guys. I just needed something and I didn't wanna come up with some random dude. I'm not even gonna lie because while yes, I love and adore the ships, LEANDRE IS ADORABLE JUST LIKE ALERRIE AND JORDAN AND JADE OMFGGGGG. But I still wish the girls were yeah. I don't have to finish that. So, as you can see, I needed to end that with fluff but also add in the sadness <3 I'm sorry if I killed you