Ch.9

Dee and Judah were currently at the diner together, enjoying some lunch before having to head back to the house and babysit Malakai for the evening.

"So wait, what date is it your leaving to go back to LA?" Dee asked him curiously, picking up a chip and putting it in her mouth.

"The 12th" he told her, munching at a chip also. Dee nodded.

"So 8 more days together" she told him, half smiling, not wanting to bring the mood down by doing so. He stared at her for a moment.

"I feel like me going back to LA is bothering you a lot more than your showing..." he trailed off, trying to figure the girl out.

She sighed a little and started playing with her fingers.

"I just don't want you to go to LA and then forget about me or change your mind on how you feel about me...it's silly I know-"

"Yeah it is. Delilah, ever since our first kiss I've been going through all these different scenarios on how I can make this work for us. Not one scenario tells me that we can't make it work" he told her, sliding out from his side of the booth and moving to beside her. He wrapped his arm around her waist before continuing to talk.

"I know you've been treated badly in the past and that you're scared of getting hurt again, but I promise you, I'm not going to hurt you" he told her, scanning her eyes to try his best to read her.

"What are these scenarios then?" She smirked, wanting to hear what he had come up with.

He laughed for a moment before talking.

"Okay well I was thinking we could spend New Years together so one of us could fly to the other. Remember, flights are only 4 hours long so that's not too bad. And then obviously I know you're still at university at the moment so I'd be more than happy to come and visit you like twice a month for a weekend and then maybe in your breaks you could come to LA and then obviously in your summer break things it would be a lot easier and then things get even more easier when you graduate completely because we could then just-"

"Okay, you proved your point" Dee laughed, placing her hand on his chest to shut him up. He laughed with her and took a breath, not realising how much he was rambling.

"There's just one problem though..." she trailed off. He furrowed his eyebrows at her in confusion.

"My only point of income at the moment is through social media and I don't get much for that, I didn't want to get a proper job whilst in university so that I could focus on my studies. I don't think I'd always be able to afford a flight to come and see you..." she spoke, feeling guilty. He looked her in the eyes and smirked.

"I can pay" he laughed, saying it in such a duh tone.

"No but that's not fair on you to have to always do that for me-"

"Dee, I don't care. If I want to see you and you can't afford it but I'm too busy with work to come here, I will be flying you to LA" he told her. Dee paused for a moment to look at him. She could see he was being serious.

"Okay" she breathed out, smiling as the boy squeezed her for a hug.

"So stop stressing! Everything's going to be fine" he reassured her, before picking up another chip and eating it.

Dee knew this talk was very premature, they weren't even in a relationship yet, but it was a talk they both needed to have to have a better view on how things could work between them if all successfully progressed.

After finishing up at the Diner, they headed back to the house to see only Tez, Nash, Taylor and Malakai home.

"Yay more people, come join we're about to play a game of cluedo!" Tez yelled to the pair as they walked through the front door.