Chapter 7 : Hurting

Life was a blast ever since they moved to Korea and since Riki became close to Sunoo. Sometimes Riki would unknowingly hurt, abuse or perhaps bully Sunoo, depending on the situation.

For some time, Riki made himself feel as though as was in charge, as though he was a boss and sunoo was a servant. He sat on Sunoo's bed, shaking his leg, slapping Sunoo. At that point in time, Sunoo was confused and sad as expected. Sunoo was bullied in such a way for quite a while without anyone's knowledge.

It was only when, once, Riki went to the bathroom and returned seeing Sunoo curled up in a corner, crying. Riki rushed over, placed a hand on his shoulder, and asked, "What's wrong, hyung?".

Sunoo wanted to brush off the situation and pretended he was just being emotional. But Riki pursued the issue and Sunoo finally gave in. He told him his thoughts, his feelings and how hurt he was by Riki's actions. "I didn't tell anyone about this because I didn't want you to be taken away from me." Sunoo said.

Thanks to this, Riki realized that his actions were wrong, he remembered what Mrs Park taught him. He blanked out, he was scared. Much thoughts rushed in and out of his head, but the only thing that mattered to him was "What if they take hyung away from me."

He quickly apologized to Sunoo and ran home. Ignoring Sunoo's mother, who was bidding him goodbye.

For a whole week, he avoided Sunoo. He was angry at himself, mad that he hurt Sunoo.

Through Mrs Park, Sunoo understood what Riki was going through. He had never once blamed Riki for hurting him. Instead, he was pleased. When they first got to know each other, Riki told him about his childhood and how wary he was when he's with others, he would never show how he truly felt. He understood that time to time, Riki would get relapses from the memories of his biological parents and would do things he himself doesn't want to. Sunoo empathized with Riki and felt ecstatic as he knew Riki found it hard to express himself but was able to open up and be himself when they're together.

Sunoo didn't want to tell Mrs Park about what happened at first, but after much consideration, thinking about how Riki may need support from his family, he told her.

"Thank you for informing me, Sunoo. Now I know why he hasn't had much appetite these few days."

"You're welcome ma'am. May i know if Riki is home ?" Sunoo asked.

"Yes he is. He's in his room, you can go look for him."

"Thank you!" Sunoo thanked Mrs Park and rushed to Riki's room, hoping to have a chat with him.

"Riki?" Sunoo said softly while opening the door with much caution, afraid Riki would get upset at him coming by.

"Hyung?" The young boy who was doing some arts and craft by his desk, turns to the door, responding to the older.

"Riki, are you okay? You haven't been coming over and I miss you." Sunoo went over to him and pouted.

"Oh erm, yes, I'm fine. I have just been busy with... some craft work i wanted to give mama!" Riki quickly came up with an excuse, not wanting Sunoo to know he has been avoiding him intentionally.

"Riki...I want you to know you are a nice boy, and I really like you. Whatever happened before it doesn't matter, I don't blame you. You wanted to understand love, don't you? How can you learn if you are trying to run away from me." Sunoo said, knowing in full terms that Riki has been keeping himself away him.

"Thank you, hyung..." Riki said and hugged Sunoo by his waist.

Sunoo gently stroked his head, hoping to give Riki some form of comfort and reassurance.
"I just didn't want to hurt you again hyung." Riki added.

"It's okay, I'm not scared of that."

"Really?"

"Mhm!" Sunoo said while nodding his head.