Chapter 27

!Trigger warning for this entire chapter!

They were heading home, their hands interwined with one another. Every now and then Heeseung would plant soft kisses on Jungwon's hand, letting the younger's chuckles fill the air.

"Oh, god. You don't even know how much I love you." He said as he put an arm around Jungwon and pulled him closer, taking in his scent.

"I love you too." Jungwon added with the biggest smile on his face. They both forgot everything for a moment and it was only them. Only them on the whole world, just loving each other.

They couldn't ask for anything more. But worry rushed through their bodys when they saw a car parked in front of Jungwon's house.

Jungwon's smile almost immediately disappeared. "Could it be your father?" He asked as his gaze was now on Heeseung.

"I don't know." But he knew. He just didn't want it to be true. He wanted to be wrong.

His heart was pounding against his ribcage as they were approaching the house. He almost felt his heart drop when he heard shouts inside the house and he clearly knew who were the owners.

He softly smiled at Jungwon signaling to him that it would be fine.

Before he opened the door he took a deep breath realizing how nervous he actually was. When Jungwon noticed it, he softly squeezed his hand and smiled at him. It immediately calmed down Heeseung's heartbeats and it led him to open the door.

Shouts were now a lot louder and Heeseung froze in his spot when he heard his father's voice. His heart ached whenever he heard him. It always took him to the past that he didn't want to remember. He tried with all his might to forget it but it was like his father's presence didn't let him to do so. But he knew how much he hated him. And how much he didn't want to see him. He just wanted him to disappear like he never existed and leave his mother and him alone to live their own lives like they want to. Is that too much to ask for?

"You can't do that!" He heard his father shout which brought him back to the harsh reality.

His legs led him to the kitchen, where the shouts were coming from. He widened his eyes at the sight. His father was holding a... a knife. His mother was at the corner, her eyes red from crying. Her cheeks filled with dried tears. She was looking frightened and like she was about to faint any moment. Just like Heeseung.

A gasp from Jungwon led him to the realization that this was real. It was real and there was no escape. He needed to face it. Face his father who was out of his mind. He was used to the fighting and shouting but it was never like that. Never did one of them think about hurting each other. Never, never, never. Heeseung thought he was gonna faint. He was dizzy. This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. He thought over and over again until his legs gave up. He was on the floor, his back against the wall and hands on his ears trying to block out any noise. He wanted everyone to leave him alone. There were tears running down his cheeks from closed eyes. He didn't want to hear, see or feel anything. If he could, he would wish to die. He was back at that rooftop. The same rooftop that almost took his life. And now he wished it did. He wished he didn't see this. He wished, wished...

But a soft voice, soft voice. He could only hear that voice calling out for him. And he recognized it. It was Jungwon. His Jungwon. Everything that he wished for moments ago disappeared in the back of his mind. Those wishes were replaced with Jungwon, everything he shared with him — soft kisses, talks, walks, everything. Everything that made him feel loved. Those moments, days and nights he shared with him, they were the most beautiful things he ever experienced. And they were the reason Heeseung regretted ever thinking about ending his life. If he ended his life back then, he wouldn't know how it feels to love someone. And how it feels when that someone returns it to you. Jungwon's love was what saved him and he couldn't give up. For him. He needed to fight for him.