As she walked around the halls, people started to come out of their classes. Lupita ducked her head and pulled up the collar of her shirt to try her best to hide her eyes and scarred neck.

People occasionally stopped and stared at her or talked among themselves. A group of girls who looked like they wore three pounds of makeup scoffed and began to talk among themselves.

"Who let the filth in?" one asked.

"I didn't know the school allowed strays," another one of them giggled.

Lupita tried to make out what they were, but just caught a whiff of 7 different perfumes which clouded her senses and made her nose itch.

Probably humans.

Lupita kept walking until she reached the doors and stormed out. She was far from ready to enter this school, but her parents would have wanted for her to get an education so she would suck it up and give it her all.

Lupita would never admit it, but she was also getting lonely. She was 18 now, the age most werewolves have found a partner, and here she was, hating every single species there was, including her own.

She quickly located a bench and sat down while pulling her backpack to her lap. The backpack was old and tattered, she had stolen it long ago when she was desperate. It was her first and last steal; it always plagued her conscience.

Lupita fished out a paper bag and opened it. There were a few pastries in there that an old lady had been kind enough to give her when she saw her digging around in a dumpster. There were only two left. She carefully took one out, broke off a small piece, and began to munch on it as she put the bag back in her backpack.

The wind brushed her fluffy hair and a strange smell filled her nose. She looked up and caught a glimpse of a tall, pale woman who was walking with another, shorter, dark-skinned woman, and a tall pale man.

Lupita understood from the smell that the two pale ones were vampires and the dark-skinned one was either a witch or strange human. Probably a witch.

They walked out of the school, but Lupita briefly locked eyes with the pale girl. She was pretty. High cheekbones, small nose, and shoulder-length, black hair. Lupita couldn't see the color of her eyes which bugged her slightly.

The strange smell was coming from her, which was weird considering vampires often never smelled anything in particular, which was what distinguished them from other magical creatures.

Lupita quickly looked back down to hide her eyes. She could be seen as weak, something she didn't fancy at the moment.

Lupita heard them mumble and strained her ears to try and hear them. After a few seconds, she began to hear what they were saying with a kind of tunnel effect to their voices.

"She seems weird," the dark-skinned one said.

"What do you think she is?" the pale boy butted in.

"I don't know. But there is something about her," the girl said and Lupita stopped listening.

She heard her stomach growl and she looked around. She eventually spotted a trash can and walked over to it. Sure, it was humiliating in every possible way to be diving into a dumpster to find food, but she was desperate. Yes, she did have those few pastries but those she wanted to save, they were good.

Lupita was now head and arms deep in the trash can trying to find food. It didn't smell awful like the other trash cans she would usually search, but there was no food, only wrappings, and empty bags.

With a sigh and rumble of her stomach, she pulled out and fixed her poofy hair, pulling out a few pieces of wrappings and other stuff stuck in her hair.

"Faen," she mumbled and ran a hand through her hair. "Kan jeg ikke få noe! Tor!"

She felt somewhat safer talking in Norwegian. It was her native language and it brought her a sense of home. It brought back memories of how she would speak with her mother and father back home.

"Gods, why can't you help me?" she asked as she looked up at the cloudy sky. "Hvorfor kan jeg ikke få hjelp!?" No answer, as always.

Lupita scoffed. Her parents often told her how special she was, how she was brought to them through the gods themselves. Some gods they were now, not even trying to give her a sign.

She took a hold of the hammer necklace around her neck, walked over to the bench, and moved her backpack to one of the sides before she laid down. It was cold, hard, and not long enough for her to stretch out. It wasn't comfortable by any means, but it was better than sleeping on the concrete.

Lupita rested her head on her bag and closed her eyes, slowly falling asleep on the hard surface.

Translation:

Faen: a swear word

Kan jeg ikke få noe?: can't I get anything?

Tor: Thor (the thunder god?)

Hvorfor kan jeg ikke få help?: why can't I get any help?

A/N: I still don't know what my updating schedule will be, but I will try to post at least once a week.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and if you see any spelling mistakes it would be lovely if you pointed them out.

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves both mentally and physically. Make sure to eat and drink something.

If no one has said it to you yet: I am incredibly proud of you!!

Hope you have a lovely day/night/evening.

Love you all and thank you for reading. Leave a vote or comment. ❤💖❤💖❤💖