And with that last comment, he hung up the phone with a click.

I screamed in frustration, kicking the wall closest to me. Running my hand briskly through my hair, I went to look through Sebastian's texts only to see that he'd deleted them all. I threw the useless mechanism on the ground as I continued frisking Sebastian. His tight, white V-neck clung to the muscles of his biceps, chest, and abs, so it was impossible to fit any weapons there--wait...

"Sebby, you son of a bitch," I growled, though a grin tugged at the corners of my lips.

I reached under the collar of his shirt and towards his shoulders where large shoulder pads made him look quite broader and much more intimidating. The shoulder pads had a pocket in each of them and inside.....a hand grenade....a last minute resort, of course.

Hmm....at least he wasn't the most idiotic of all my associates.

I got bored of my endless searching and left the room in the same sprinting, energetic manner I'd entered it in. Just across the long, dark hallway was a hollow, creaking door that opened up to a gross, mangy bathroom. The mirror was so old and unclean you could no longer see you reflection within it. The sink and faucet were covered with rust and any water that came out was most likely untrustworthy.

Dirt and cobwebs littered the greying, cracked tile and the room itself smelled a putrid smell of sweat, blood, and piss. As much as it pained me, I forced myself to stay in this enclosed hellhole just a few seconds longer to search for more clues concerning Carter. Jamie was a number one suspect for sure, but their was no proof that he wasn't just a distraction to lead me away from the real kidnapper.

I averted my search towards the cabinets where I found a black, leather suitcase underneath the sink. After clicking open the metal clasps, I opened it to see a bunch of missing spaces as well as a spray bottle with black drops on the inside. The liquid immediately caught my attention and I placed the bottle in my pocket, moving from room to the next until I came upon what looked like quite a fascinating lab.

The white tile was stained with colorful blotches and puddles and the toxic scent of green and black poisons consumed the air. I had to keep reminding myself to breathe in lightly, only for the fact that if I were to breathe in too deeply too often, the plethora of airborne chemicals would murder me from the inside out.

Beakers were scattered along the counters as well as glass shards across the floor. Bags of powder and bottles of liquids and acids, both in and out of containment, were spilled throughout the lab. A giant contraption on the middle counter bore a display of liquids being heated above inactive Bunsen burners, vaporized in dry ice, frozen in liquid hydrogen, and being maneuvered through test tubes and funnels until it all combined into a black, sticky goop in a small jar at the finish line.

Powders like Baking Soda and liquids like Mercury were tossed carelessly in bags and boxes and jars, some labeled and some not. I took mental pictures of all the chemicals I could find, whether they were identifiable or not, including the apparatus that was apparently the center core of the poison's making.

I strolled out of the messy lab, wandering from door to door until I came upon an old, dusty mortuary with one of the drawers open and fairytale books scattered across the floor. I stepped around the spots of dirt and books as I made my way towards the empty drawer. The drawer was obviously used as a bed from the pillow inside it.

I took another mental note and was about to leave when a pointy object stuck out from beneath the pillow. I looked underneath to reveal a black, fountain pen and a Rapunzel fairytale book. I flipped through it, seeing if their was any markings in it and sure enough, a note was written on the last page in the neatest of handwriting.