"Oh, I'm right and I'm hoping you'll see it my way soon. For now, how about we go snuggle up in my bed and watch a movie in there."

Topaz couldn't tell him no, not when she wanted to snuggle up to him just as much as he wanted it. So, giving him a nod, they stood and made their way into his room once more.

Carlito called at some point that afternoon and said they were going to stay at Dianne's parents that night and would see Raul the next day.

Raul and Topaz had watched movies and kissed all afternoon. Then, they'd gotten up and cooked dinner together since Raul was feeling much stronger. There had been a lot of laugher and kisses involved in that too.

Now it was time to go to bed, Topaz saying she needed to go to work the next day and Raul admitting he probably should also.

"I want you to stay in my room with me," Raul told her.

Topaz sighed. "I don't think it would be a good idea, Raul. My feelings for you have gotten so much stronger today, but I'm not quite ready for more. I think you are, and it will make it harder on you if I'm in your bed."

"I know it will, but the thought of you not being there kills me."

"It won't kill you; it will only make you stronger," Topaz tried to joke.

The sad look on his face said it wasn't working. So, with a huff, she stood from the couch and headed into the guest room. Once there she closed the door softly. She knew if she stayed any longer, she would have given in to those sad brown eyes of his.

She took a quick shower, putting on a huge black t-shirt Raul had given her, before drying her hair. Then she made her way into the bedroom and crawled into the bed. She yawned as she thought back to the day she'd had.

Raul had taken naps off and on during the day, gathering his strength back. She had sat watching him and running her hands through his thick dark hair. As the day had progressed, his face had looked less pale, the rings under his eyes less pronounced. This had made Topaz incredibly happy because it let her know he would be okay.

Topaz flipped onto her stomach. Raul was so handsome, and she felt so privileged that he wanted to be hers. He was everything she'd ever wanted in a man, yet never dreamed she'd find while so young. It still felt unreal to her how they'd met that day, though Raul said it was fate. How had she gotten so lucky to find someone so perfect?

She grunted and rolled back onto her back. Her body was tired, but her mind was wide awake. She wanted to be snuggled into his warm body, smelling the manly scent of him until she was drowning in it! Just as she had most of the day.

Why did I tell him no again?

She flipped over on her side and pounded her pillow. She'd made her decision, now she had to live with it. So, closing her eyes, she tried to sleep. It didn't work and opening her eyes back up she glared at the clock. She'd managed to lay there, wide awake, for thirty minutes. At this rate, she'd never get any sleep.

Sitting up, she stared at the bedroom door. "I wonder if Raul is asleep. He probably is and I'm being stupid to think this is keeping him awake like it is me. Ugh! Why do I feel this way? Is this the bond he keeps telling me about? Is that what has caused this almost frantic need to be close to him or just my imagination working overtime?"

After ten more minutes of arguing with herself, Topaz could stand it no more, she needed to be with him. She needed to hold him close and listen to his heartbeat as she fell asleep.

So, standing up Topaz made her way to the door and slipped out quietly. Making her way down the hall, she slowly opened Raul's door and peeked inside. She was surprised to find him, not in his bed, but staring out the window with his lamp still on next to his bed.