Newt Imagine: Maze

Stuffandthangsgirl requested this one..sorry for the long wait and thank you for your patience!!😘
-the picture is making me cry btw I'm sorry this isn't a sad imagine tho
-H/L means hair length!
-----
"Newtt. I have to go now!" I drag my words teasingly. Newt holds me against his torso and continuously kisses my forehead.

"I don't want you to leavee!" Newt drags his words as well, mocking me. "Why can't you stay with me and be a bloody track hoe?" Newt pleads, quickly placing a finger on my nose.

"Because, I'm a runner, it's my job to find a way out--and it's your job to keep track of your dirt! Now go!" Newt smiles, "I'm tired of tending to dirt, I just wanna spend time with you." "I'll be back soon Newt, but I'm burning daylight, so I need to go."

I kiss his cheek and give him one last hug. "Come back soon," Newt yells, "and stay safe..please!" I flash him a smile as I dash off with Thomas.

/Time Skip\

Thomas and I try to make it back before the doors close, we did some extra exploring and lost track of time, plus Newt held me in the beginning, but it's not his fault.

"Do you think we'll make it on time?!"
I ask Thomas as we sprint towards the direction of the doors, they're not even in sight yet.

Thomas shakes his head in disbelief, I give him a worried look, but he doesn't make eye contact with me.

Thomas tries to squeeze through the doors as they close, but it's too late.

I plop onto the ground and give Thomas a look of disbelief, trying to recover my breathing pace.

"I-I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually kind of uh..scared."

"Don't you worry Y/N." Thomas pats my back, "If I've survived once by myself, we can do it together; we'll make it."

I hesitantly nod.

Whir, whir, click, click.

"Griever." Thomas breathes, "We need to get going." He gives me a hand and shows me a place to hide, it's a small hole behind a few dried up vines, but it looks pretty safe. Thomas and I squeeze in as I steady my breathing and shut my eyes.

Newt's POV:

Tears stream down my cheeks as I sit by the shuck walls.

It's all my fault, if I wouldn't have kept her here for too long, she would be back by now.

I'm so afraid she won't make it back. I can't live without Y/N, she's my life. Without her I'm dead as well. My eyes pour out even more at the thought of her.

"Hey Newt," Minho calls, "Thomas is with her, she'll be back tomorrow, don't worry man." Minho pats my back and heads towards the Map Room.

Was that supposed to make me feel better? I thought.

I wish I was there with her..

I sat by the walls all night. Tears ran down my face every second. The night couldn't linger on any longer.

I looked up at the sun kissed sky as the doors slowly open.

Could they open any slower?!

•••

Thomas slept through the night as I stayed wide awake; wondering what Newt was doing, missing his face and watching the stars with him.

Finally, a golden ray of light shines it's way through the vines, illuminating the small hole and Thomas' face.

Thank God for the morning sun.

I shook Thomas awake and he woke up abruptly, wiping the drool from his face. "Morning Sleeping Beauty." I joke, "can we go now?!"

"Just a little longer," Thomas says, peeking out of the dry vines.

When he finally says it's time, I run straight to the glade and Thomas catches up.

As I'm running, I see Newt standing so close, he's almost in the maze. I run and jump into his arms, kissing his cheeks.

He looses his balance and we crash to the floor, me on top of him.

I study Newt, he looks like he hasn't slept in years, although it's been a single night. His eyes are red and puffy like he was crying his heart out.

Was he really that worried about me?My poor baby.

"I thought you bloody left me." Newt chuckles, and places his hand on my grimy cheek to push my H/L hair out of my face.

"I would never."

He smiles.

"Did you miss me?"

"Bloody shuck, more than ever."

Newt places a lingering kiss on my lips that sends sparks down my spine and releases butterflies to flutter in my chest.

Oh, how I love Newt.

--------
I actually really liked this one😁 I hope you guys did too! Don't forget to check out my fanfictions! Literally I love you all so much you don't even know. If there's anything I could ever do for any of ya'll let me know. Even if it's as simple as being a friend💘 stay lovely my pretty noses. Imma start calling you guys that