━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

⚠️𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: This chapter contains underage drinking! ⚠️

"MARS, I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!"  Juno lunges across the table, clawing angrily at the air as Scarlett struggles to hold her back. Niki strides into the trailer, takes one look at the band, and clears her throat. Miraculously, they all come to a stop and look at her. 

"We need to talk." 

Eyes shift from one person to another, the ominous words ringing in their brain. Mars slouches to avoid Niki's eyes. Angie's eyes connect with Val's and for a second, something like guilt swirls in Val's eyes before she ducks her head away. We've all got secret yet to tell, Angie thinks. 

"There were, uh," Niki pauses, shifting in her seat. "Some events on social media that we need to discuss," Angie notices Val let out the tiniest of sighs. This wasn't her secret. "Mars," Niki turns to him and he winces. 

"It was meant to be harmless, just to annoy Juno-" He rushes to explain. "It- it wasn't meant to turn into such a big thing," Juno is determinedly looking everywhere but him, inspecting the bleached white leather couch closely. 

"And was it? Harmless, that is?" Niki prods, scolding him.

Mars hangs his head lowly. "No," He says faintly. 

"No," Niki echoes, sounding like a school teacher. Angie gulps, timidly raising her hand. Her copper hair is brushed back into a short ponytail and she's wearing a comfy starry-night hoodie. 

"This isn't a classroom, you don't need to raise your hand, Angel,"

"Uh, what exactly did Marshall post?" She asks, a strand of ginger hair falling over her face. June flushes pink and continues looking at her feet intently. Mars shifts in his seat uncomfortably.

Niki sighs, her mouth curling into a frown. "A picture of Juno looking at 404," Angie looks confused, her eyebrows pinching together. 

Val leans over, quietly explaining the situation to her friend. "The way she was looking at him, was, uh, not exactly platonic," The lights flicker, causing the crew to look around the vehicle. They flicker again, and then the crew is plunged into darkness as a power outage strikes the buses.

Fingers tug on jackets, and in a blind game of whisper down the lane, Scarlett unites the band under Niki's nose. She can hear them muttering to each other, but she's oblivious. 

That is until  Scarlett shouts, "CYA NIKI, WE'RE GOING CLUBBING!" Scarlett practically skips out of the dark tour bus, leading the band towards the backstage tents. Suddenly, they're a group of laughing, bubbly musicians, putting their secrets and arguments behind them for a night of fun. There's a flurry of sequins and belts and chains and outfits that show a little too much skin and then the band emerges from Eret's tent, dressed in stolen (sorry, borrowed) clothes, ready for a night out. Angie and Val flutter about nervously, each clutching their fake ID in hand. 

"Listen, Bethany," Marshall says, using the name on Angie's fake ID as he throws an arm around her shoulder. "You're gonna be just fine," 

"Yeah," June agrees, "You too, Erica," She says to Val. 

"PICTURES!" Scarlett shouts, parading through with her phone in her hand. June pulls Mars into the frame, pressing a platonic kiss to his cheek for the camera. Part of the gesture is genuine, but part of it is fueled by the need to put their problems behind them. A loose silk dress hangs off her figure, accentuating her curves perfectly.