━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 - Bubblegum Bitch, Marina; 34+35, Arianna Grande; Dumb Dumb, Red Velvet; 

IT WAS EARLY, the chilled morning air hung limply as the first rays of sunlight fell upon the unmoving scene. Moist drops of dew clung to their individual blades of grass. The air was still, not even the birds dared to challenge the silence that was suspended ever so peacefully in the foggy mist. Parked to the side of the large expanse of pavement was a long white tour bus. Small bits of light shimmied through the sheer curtains and into the bus, where the four band members slept peacefully. 

Camille and Kai had their soft white divider curtains pulled shut, while Rose and Aelyn left theirs open. Aelyn shifted, pulling her cotton sheets over her face with a soft snore. Her copper brown hair was pulled into a messy fishtail braid for sleep. Rose stretched, a few orange strands of hair resting on her cheek. Suddenly, a loud alarm blared on the small retractable nightstand next to Kai's bunk. Camille groaned from behind the curtain and Kai's hand reached out through the curtain wildly slapping the top of the alarm clock as he blindly searched for the button. Finally, he slammed the button and the loud siren-like noise died down, leaving the band with a constant ringing in their ears. 

"Fuck," Rose groaned, her throat hoarse with the gravelly sound of her morning voice. 

"What time is it?" Aelyn asked, pulling the blanket off her face. 

"Uhm," Kai paused, swinging the curtain open, "Six. We've got to get ready for rehearsals, Wilbur said to dress light since it's hot, we're not putting stage outfits on until right before we get onstage," Kai informed them as he ruffled his brunette curls.

Aelyn swung her legs over the rail of the bunk bed. "I want to go on a picnic for lunch, do you guys want to come?" The band agreed with sleepy mumbles. "Camille? What about you?"

She was met with a snore. 

"Camille!" Rose barked out and the curtain swung open with such speed that it swished back and forth. 

"What?!" Cam's hair was a ruffled mess, running in long waves down her back, as her forest green eyes looked back and forth, bemused. 

"We have to get ready and Aelyn wants to have a picnic," Kai informed her.

"Oh, okay," 

Aelyn just laughed and shook her head as she climbed down the metal ladder to hit the ground. She opened one of the built-in drawers and ruffled through her clothes, eventually landing on a pink tank and ripped denim shorts. 

She jiggled the doorknob of the bathroom until it swung open and pulled the door shut behind her as she entered. Camille shuffled through layers of neatly folded clothes, pulling out a yellow plaid skirt and black top. 

Half an hour later, Kai was groaning as he sprawled himself dramatically across the plush leather couch.

"GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!" He yelled, groaning again after checking his watch. 

"I'M. DOING. MY. MAKEUP." Aelyn yelled back, using the same tone and level of aggressiveness with her close friend.

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU WEREN'T MY BEST FRIEND I'D KICK THAT DOOR DOWN AND KNOCK YOU OUT!" Kai threatened, running his hand through his hair as he sighed.