━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 - You Were in My Dream Last Night, Babygirl; Everybody Talks, Neon Trees; Walking on a Dream, Empire of the Sun

SUMMER IN ATLANTA wasn't nearly as picture-perfect as the tourists perceived. The natives weren't gorgeously sun-kissed or sat picking peaches every day. Instead, the blistering sun casting downwards glares of disappointment, scalding your skin until it wept tears of sweat. The chlorine chemical smell of the crisp water, ice-cold in her backyard was the only reason Scarlett Rose had survived. In short, Georgia was a living hell during the summertime. 

At this very moment, Scarlett was basking in the sun, trying to look as cute as possible while still sweating her ass off. Her appearance was worth the risk of heatstroke, in fact, even a glance from the new hot neighbor was. Her calves were almost fully submerged in the clear water of the pool. She hadn't been planning on dipping in, hence her fully-clothed appearance. She swished her legs back and forth idly, watching small waves form and crash against the terracotta brick hypnotically. Just as another mini-wave reached its peak, her phone broke the calm, ringing out with an obnoxiously loud ringtone. 

Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert y-

The awful meme of a song was cut off as Scarlett aggressively swiped the 'answer call' button on her phone without bothering to check the caller ID. Yesterday, Marshall had reset her ringtone during band practice, and she had yet to switch it back. 

"Hello?" She greeted cautiously, unaware of who was on the line. A particularly violent splash of water hit her legs, startling her for a moment. 

"Hey, Scar, it's me, Niki. I've got some exciting news for the band!" Her manager's voice responded cheerily. Scarlett paused, thinking. The band recently signed with a record company, blowing up with their new album, Moonlight. If it wasn't a new offer, what could it be?

"Hmm?" She perked up, her interest instantly sparked. She was so invested that she didn't even notice the hottie next door walk out onto his patio.

"How would you like," Niki paused for dramatic effect, "to go on tour with The Feral Boys?!" She squealed excitedly and Scarlett almost dropped her phone from shock. The Feral Boys. The words sounded sweet and silky coming off Niki's tongue, too outrageous to believe.

"Niki!" She gasped accusingly, almost as if she was scolding her. "How?" She ran a hand through her dark brunette hair, sticky from the moist, humid air. 

Niki giggled, like she was ten, and began to explain. "They want you guys, Miracle Moon, to go on tour with them! I spoke to their manager and she explained that there's another band that already accepted, and they really want you to come along. You just need the a-okay from the rest of the band and you're set." Scarlett blinked as if it would help to comprehend. You, she thought. And the Feral Boys. As if it finally sunk in, she shook herself out of a daze and grinned to no one in particular. "I don't have too many specifics, but I know each band will have their own tour bus and it will last from late June to August. They're planning on going all across the country, it's an opportunity of a lifetime!" 

She barely waited for Niki to finish, quickly butting in. "I'll call you back in half an hour, I've got some phone calls to make." And then, with the largest smile on her face, she dialed her best friend's number.