━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 - n/a

ROSE WAS NOT happy. If there's anything she hated more than feeling inferior, it was being sick. And she was extremely sick. 

Her band had immediately come to the rescue, picking up wonton soup - Rose's favorite - from the local Asian restaurant. Now Rose was splayed out on the couch, draped in several blankets and bringing steaming spoonfuls of soup to her mouth as she watched Carmen Sandiego. She could hear Wilbur, Camille, and Kai bickering outside the bus over the tv, though she could only pick out a few words here and there.

The door slams open with a bang, making Rose jump and spill a few drops of soup on her blanket. Wilbur marches in, Kai and Camille trailing behind him. 

"Rose, can you sing?" Wilbur asks. 

Rose sighs. "No," She croaks out, her voice hoarse and scratchy. 

"See!" Kai exclaims, going on to rant about the importance of maintaining healthy vocal cords. Wilbur massages his temples. Camille holds back giggles at his exasperated expression. 

"Kai!" Wilbur yells, effectively shutting him up. "We have a show tonight. Would you like to explain to me how we're going to perform a concert without our lead singer and only rapper?" 

Kai swallows, rubbing the back of his neck. "We... can't," 

Wilbur sighs again. "Exactly."

The room is quiet. "Tea."

Wilbur, Kai, and Camille swivel to look at Rose. "What?"

"Tea. Chamomile tea and chicken noodle soup and lots of orange juice. I can nurse my throat back to normal," Wilbur shares a look with Kai, then looks back to Rose. It would be futile to try and say no to her, with her sparkling ebony eyes and hopeful expression. 

Kai shrugs, more on board with the idea than Wilbur. "Worth a shot," He comments. Wilbur looks back at Rose. She looks different to him, her normally IDGAF protective attitude replaced with a needy and hopeful sick girl. 

He sighs. "Fine," Rose and Camille cheer, and Kai runs over to the mini-fridge to search for orange juice.  

"MARSHALL, I SWEAR TO GOD GET BACK HERE!" Juno sprints after him, her feet digging into the hot sand. Marshall cackles gleefully, racing down the crowded beach. Water splashes, his footprints getting washed away by miniture waves as he dodges groups of people. 

"MARSHALL!" June finally catches up to him, lunging forward and tackling him, rolling into the water. Scarlett chases after them, phone in hand, recording the entire spectacle. Juno reaches forward, trying to grab his phone, but he only pushes it further out of reach.

"I WILL PERSONALLY RIP YOUR DICK OFF AND STAPLE IT TO YOUR FOREHEAD!" Scarlett cackles and Marshall rolls over, pushing June into the wet sand and running away. June pushes herself up but its too late.

Marshall whips his phone out of the protective Ziploc bag and hits post. June leaps from behind him, knocking him to the ground and grabbing his phone out of his hand, frantically searching for the delete button.

Rose tugs the black top over her head, taking another sip of tea. The plan had worked - she could sing. Sure, her voice was still a little off, but it wasn't too bad. She glances in the mirror, checking herself out. Damn, she looks hot.

"Akris, honey, you've got to get going," Eret calls from the room over and Rose takes one last look at her appearance before leaving the dressing room.

"Natural or orange eyeshadow?" Eret asks, holding up two eyeshadow palettes.

"Orange. Obviously," He laughs and gets to work on her eyeliner. 

╔══════════════════════╗

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

Short lil chapter, sorry I've been so inactive, but I've been getting back into to this story <3

╚══════════════════════╝