━ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 - Crush Culture, Conan Gray; Crush, Tessa Violet; Best Friend, Rex Orange County; The Wisp Sings, Winter Aid; A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant to Be, Jess Benko; Cliche, mxmtoon; IDK You Yet, Alexander 23;

⚠️𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: This chapter contains mentions of vomit. There will be a small warning before and after the mentions for anyone who needs to skip that part (don't worry, it's unimportant to the plot).  ⚠️

ANGIE LAUGHED. "REALLY? You wanna go?" She cried, sending a splash back to June. 

"Fight me, bitch!" June screamed in response, sloshing water towards her friend. They laughed, not noticing the huge wave rushing towards them. As it crashed down, hitting them with force, they screamed. Angie spit saltwater out of her mouth. 

"Ew," She said. "I just like, drank fish pee,"

"I'm sorry, WHAT?" Marshall cackled, swimming towards them.

"Don't ask," June snorted. The beach was almost empty, only a few other people littering the sand. Green tinted waves crashed violently, splashing white foam upwards. June glanced back towards the shore, where Scarlett was lounging on the heated sand, refusing to go in the water. 

Angie followed her gaze. "Any chance she gets in the water today?" 

Marshall laughed. "Not willingly. But if no one else does, I'm throwing her in later," 

June grinned, splashing him lightly. "VAL! C'MERE!" She yelled over the sound of the waves. Val said something to Nick before diving under and resurfacing next to Angie. 

"'Sup?" She said, flicking a blonde hair out of her face. 

"Bets on whether Scar comes in the water today?" June offered, diving under an oncoming wave.

Val laughed. "Oh hell no. That bitch isn't coming close, not without being forced," 

Closer to the beach, in shallower waters, Clay and Alex were nonchalantly battling the incoming waves as they chatted. The water felt cool on their legs and the sun beat hot rays onto their bare chests. Scarlett was just out of earshot, but she was enjoying the view of Dream floating shirtless quite nicely from behind the cover of her book.

She took a sip of her cool lemonade, the sticky substance sweet and tangy in her mouth. The shrinking ice cubes clinked against the glass as she set it back down on the soft sand. Her blue umbrella cast an oval of shade, just missing her and laying directly next to her. Dream waded back onto the beach, walking up right next to the brunette. He opened up the cooler and pulled a glass-bottled coke out, popping one open and tipping his head back to take a sip. A few drops of seawater trickled down his chest. Scarlett pretended not to notice.

"You're still not going in?" He asked. She shook her head. "Oh come on now, it's been like an hour, everyone's out there," He reasoned. 

"Sorry," She grinned and turned back to her book, slowly flipping a page. Suddenly, he ripped the book out of her hands, tossing it behind him on the sand. 

"What the he-" She cut herself off with a shriek as he picked her up bridal style. "No! NO! I swear to God, Clay, I will beat your ass!" He just chuckled as she wriggled in his tight grip, walking closer to the waves. 

"CLAY!" Her shrieks had caught the attention of her band who were cheering and laughing at the sight, barely audible against the aggressively crashing waves. "NO!" She yelled, failing to hold back a grin as he waded deeper into the water. 

ᴛʜᴇ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏғ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ // mcyt apply fic // ᶜˡᵒˢᵉᵈजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें