16.

Jay's pov

3 days later

I woke up to a noisy shuffling beside me. I opened my eyes and rubbed them, turning towards the noise.

"Jay, you're up!"

Jake came running towards me. I looked around. I found myself in a small, white room. Am I dead? Is it the Afterlife? 

 The room had a nauseating smell of medicines. 

A hospital?

Then everything started pouring back into my memory. That Yeonjun guy, the bullet hit me in the abdomen, Luna getting hurt in the head...

Luna. 

"Where is Luna?" I asked hastily to Jake, who was trying to convince me to lay back down on the bed. 

"She's resting, Jay. Now lay down, you need rest" 

"I need Luna" 

"Jay, please-" 

Suddenly there was a loud chatter, like a thousand people speaking at once. There were sounds of camera shutters clicking.

"What's happening?" I asked Jake, who looked outside the window, worried. 

"It's uh...the media," Jake said, unsure.

"The what!? Why is the media here?" 

"Apparently, they realized it wasn't us who were the bad guys," Jake said, staring outside. 

"What do you mean?" 

Jake sighed before replying, "When Luna was stabbed by that Yeonjun guy-"

"LUNA WAS WHAT!?" 

Jake looked away from the window and turned to look at me. "Ah right. You were already passed out, you probably don't know. The police came in just when Yeonjun was about to stab her with the knife, so they saw who was killing whom"

"Go on"

"Luna's dad, Mr. Park, was on the verge of running away," Jake said. "guess what? He was about to flee with his disgusting bag of organs. The police arrested him before he could run away. Later, the police released a statement saying 'MafiaX helped in catching the bad guys' and the media's after us ever since. The hospital had to literally close any more visits in order to keep the reporters away from sneaking inside"

Jake sighed and went to the far end of the room to get some water.

"And...Yeonjun?" I asked.

 He chugged down the water before answering. "They arrested him too"

A wave of relief passed through my body. There was no way I would rest if that jerk wasn't arrested for his crimes. 

Which brought me to my next question. "What about Luna? Is she okay?"

"Yeah," replied Jake. "The cut wasn't deep, thankfully."

"But I have to say," Jake said, smiling a little. "Girl's stronger than you. She woke up two days before you even though she had so many injuries" 

The room fell silent after that. Jake stood by the door, arms crossed, as I fiddled with the stray thread on my shirt. 

"Where is she now?" I broke the silence. 

"She's been here in your room practically the entire time," Jake said. "I told her to get some rest. She left not long ago" 

"I know it must be hard for you after...you know...that day," Jake said and I immediately understood which day he was talking about. "But it's better if you talk it out" I nodded.