Chapter 4

I used the same cover I'd had in Boston. Crazy white hair, wild eyebrows, and a pretty amazing fake mustache (I for one think the mustache ties the whole thing together. Mustaches are pretty sexy, right?). The suit was dark and would have been really expensive, had I not "borrowed" it.

When I got to the train station I noticed that there were a lot of teenagers and old people. It was really a toss-up of who was there.

People laughed and drank, but I had no interest in any of that. I walked through the crowd.

I didn't care about anyone I saw there until I cam upon... a girl... She looked about sixteen, but something was familiar about her. I noticed how she eyed me carefully.

I was sure I'd never met her. Her hair was long and dark and she wore a tiny black dress with a really low back, and her tall heels made her legs seem to stretch out for miles. It might have just been the sexiest thing I'd ever seen. But there was way too familiar. She was beautiful, the kind of beauty you can't get out of your head, but her face reminded me of someone else. Not the nose, that's what threw me off. Her eyes though and where her perfectly placed cheekbones were. The color of her skin and the way she eyed me so carefully.

Maybe it was the way she carefully observed the crowd, the way she moved with grace, and fidgeted when she stood. But the eyes.

Her eyes were too familiar.

Images of a girl with nutmeg hair and eyes that seemed to change color depending on the setting.

I see the shade of greenish blue Cammie's eyes are most often. Was she a Morgan? Or more importantly, is she Cammie Morgan...

When the sun reflected off the train and I saw that light green color Cammie's eyes are and the necklace with a silver cross on it that's used for comms units...

Its her. Cammie...

I decided I would just keep an eye on her.

I headed towards the tunnel after going nearby Macey and I noted that the girl seemed in a hurry to follow me.

I saw Joe and without a moment's hesitation I walked toward him. "what were you going to tell me?" Joe asked urgently.

"The circle," I paused, taking a deep breath. "The circle doesn't want Macey, they want Cammie.

Joe just stared off into the distance as if looking for a distant memory in the back of his mind. So distant that it made him look vulnerable but then I remembered, Joe solomon is never ever vulnerable. "Zach you promise me something," Joe said, gripping my shoulders to hold me in place. I nodded. "Never join the circle because from that moment on it'll be nothing but hell for you," he looked me in the eye in all seriousness.

"I promise," I said, meaning it.

"You don't have to be like your mother, Zach. You don't have to hurt people like she does. Don't go back to Blackthorne, Zach," he said.

"Why?" I snapped.

"You'll lose everyone you love that way," Joe said, his eyes shown with a deep sadness.