Chapter 3

I flew all the way to Ohio waiting for all the other Gallagher girls to arrive. I knew they would come since Macey McHenry would be making a public appearance in Cleveland. Where there's one Gallagher girl there's bound to be another.

I saw other people standing around in the crowds waiting for Macey and the maybe-soon-to-be vice-president of the United States.

I saw a flash of green eyes and nutmeg hair brush past me.

She was here.

She wasn't alone. I hope.

" Gallagher girl," I whispered softly. Somehow she was all I could focus on.

Macey McHenry stood at the podium. She looked at her arm that hung in a cast and there were bruises everywhere around her body. " It's great to be here with my family," Senator McHenry put his arm around his daughter. I saw Macey turn to look right at Cammie,' There's something I'd like to say," She paused still looking at Cammie." There's nothing we can't do if we stick together. there's nothing we can't overcome if we try. I learned that from the people who love me. The people who know...the real me." Her gaze was locked on Bex Baxter and Cammie's.

Bex whispered just loud enough for me to hear," That's our girl."

I went to the side of the bleachers and slipped underneath. I knew that nobody was allowed to go under the bleachers for the safety of the senator and his family, but I wasn't here to protect Macey. I was here my Gallagher Girl.

Someone could be hiding and ready to attack Cammie and I wasn't willing enough for that to happen.

As soon as I was underneath the bleachers I saw another flash of nutmeg hair and I fled into the shadows. Cammie looked under the bleachers a if she were looking for someone and I realized that she had seen me. I might have been a skilled at tailing her, but she was the best pavement artist there was so of course she would have seen me. I couldn't help it, I reached out and touched her shoulder, brushing the hair away from her shoulder. A moment later I was swinging through the air into a red balloon.

Gallagher Girl stared at me like a woman ready to strangle someone, then her features softened and she just looked at me -seeing me...

" Hello, Gallagher Girl." I smiled at the girl in front of me with the strangest look on her face. She had my shoulders pinned with her knees, and she was looking at me as if she thought that she might be going crazy." Hey Gallagher Girl," I said after a minute... or so." You gonna let me up now?" And she did exactly what I'd expected from her. She didn't let me up like a good girl would. She was a Gallagher Girl and no matter how much you try, you can never get them to be good girls. Naughty little things they are. And Cammie was most definitely not a good girl. All I could think was, that's my Gallagher Girl as she did the Gallagher way, by leaning over me and asking," What are you doing here?"

I looked into her eyes, wondering how much she knew. so I lied and said,"I'm very interested in Ohio politics." I smirked at her. I watched her roll her eyes, I'm pretty sure she didn't believe me.

She stumbled to her feet," You can't vote." She blurted out.

" Yeah, but I can campaign," I smirked, pointing at the McHenry and Winters button, pinned to the front of my jacket. [Okay I guess that doesn't prove anything.] Although I could have probably made fake ID's so I could pretend to be 18 I decided not to say. for a number of reasons regarding Cammie." Yeah, well I heard that Macey McHenry was going to be making her first Convention Public appearance here, today." I stood up and brushed a piece of stray confetti from her hair." And where there's one Gallagher Girl, there are usually others." I felt myself smile at her.

" We're like smoke and fire that way," She said coolly.

I tried not to laugh so I said," Something like that," with a knowing smile on my face. She studied me as if wondering what she should say. She is so cute when she's concentrating. " I thought you'd vowed to stay out of secret passageways and laundry shoots but, I guess..." I let myself trail off. I traced a long bruise on the edge of her hairline. Then it suddenly dawned on me, I wasn't supposed to know about the laundry shoot. Just like Cammie wasn't supposed to know Blackthorne existed until she met us, except she already had.

She frowned," How did you know about the laundry shoot?"

I just pointed to myself and smirked at her," spy."

" Bleachers," She said shortly. She had a comms unit on.

" Bex?" I guessed.

She nodded," Yeah."

" So you have backup?" I asked. She gave me a look that seemed to say I was asking too weird of questions. I suppose I am pretty sketchy, but she's not supposed to know how loaded these questions are. " The girls are here? And Solomon?" I added.

" Of course they are." She looked at me as if I were going crazy. And maybe I was. " Zach there's someone_" She stopped short.

" You!" An agent called.

I slipped away before her and the agent could notice. I went into the crowds. I still was wondering if she ever thought of me or if I was just another love-sick guy, mooning over her. But it wasn't like that to me. I'd never wanted anything so much, I'd never wanted to touch someone like this before. Last year I'd tried to forget about my feelings I had for her, but ended up asking her out a week later. I'll admit, I was pretty sure that she was honey-potting me at the time, but when I tried to kiss her she didn't pull away. I'll always remember how beautiful she'd looked that day and the way she'd closed her eyes as if she wanted it too. But I never got that kiss, cause her Ex lover-boy Jimmy had to come. I got my kiss later. I always feel like smiling when I think about that day.

I noticed her standing with Preston and Macey. I'll admit, I was a little jealous. The kid was flirting with her, and obviously she wasn't getting that she was wanted by various men. After a bit it seemed to me that she was feeling uncomfortable. I was okay with that.

I went to find Joe.

" Joe," I said when I saw him.

" Zach?" He turned around to look at me. He seemed very cautious.

" We need to talk." I told him.

Joe asked," Why aren't you at Blackthorne?"

" My mom is after one of your Gallagher Girls." I said one of your Gallagher girls as if I were speaking in general, but here's the thing. Cammie will never be just one of the Gallagher Girls. She'll always be the Gallagher Girl. The only person I can't stay away from.

" Macey will be at the train station in Philly next week. Meet me there."

Then I did what I do best. I disappeared. I was forgotten.

Follow me or vote if you like the story and please comment.