Chapter 1

" We need Cameron Morgan."I eaves dropped on my mother.

The words had barely registered yet, but when I heard her name made me sit straighter and think harder.

" The circle needs Cameron Ann Morgan alive," I heard her tell the person on the phone. No. My heart began to race. Not her. Not Gallagher Girl. Me, Zach Goode felt sheer panic.

Cameron Morgan... There's a lot I can say about her. She's the most beautiful girl I have ever met, she's brave, and smart. And what really mattered to me was how good her lips had felt against mine. Not in a purvey sort of way. Believe me, I am not girl crazy. But when I'm near her my heart begins to beat super fast and I want to stay with her, I don't want to be alone anymore. I never want her to know the truth about me though. Not ever.

My family is all bad. When people look at me they see my mother. The evil, dictating, bitchy woman who only takes care for herself and nobody else. More than anything I want Cammie to see me, not my mother.

My mother wants Cammie! I thought in panic. I won't let her. Not Cammie! Not to Cammie. She can't hurt her! I won't let her. Cammie meant so much to me. I loved her.

" Boston," I heard her say to whoever was on the phone, with her." We'll be in and out quickly. There will be two girls on the roof. You can dispose of the other girl any way you'd like." She said." I've watched the girl. She's good, but she can't take on three of us, especially on a roof." She finished. I really wanted to believe that Cammie could face them with just one other girl there, but I knew that would be too good to be true if it happend. My mother worked with élite members of people in the C.I.A., MI6, Interpol, and every level of spy agencies around the world. She was inside the good guys. Most people didn't know that they were really in the Circle of Cavan. But I did. I knew. I knew because I was working with them. I was a member.I go to Blackthorne and I am trained to kill. I am a danger to Cammie being there, but I can't stay away. I'm too in love, too greedy to let her slip through my grasp.

I was out of Blackthorne instantly, headed to the airport. All I brought with me was a disguise and some money. I'd hacked into almost every data base I could look for and she was in none. She was entirely too much like she always is. The chameleon. [Which is good in some ways, except when you're trying to gather intel on her. Or you just love her, for instance_ me]. Then I fell across an article, and a special event was taking place in Boston today. A McHenry and Winters campaign. And Macey McHenry was Senator McHenry's daughter. She would be making a public appearance at the campaign event. She also went to the Gallagher Academy for exceptional young women. A.K.A Cammie's room-mate. And where one Gallagher Girl is, there ought to be another. They traveled in pairs, packs, groups. Where one was, there was never one far away.

I dressed in my disguise and took off for the Boston campaign event. As I waited in the crowds waiting to just catch a glimpse of Cammie. I wondered if she ever thought of me the way I did about her. In a way I really hoped that she did.

I'm a spy. An operative. And sometimes I fear that my being near her would harm her or get her in trouble. And I had gotten her in trouble once or twice when I'd stayed at Gallagher last spring. I also feared that if she were to ever find out that my mother was Catherine Goode, she would hate me. I wouldn't be able to bear that. To see the look of hate in her beautiful eyes and the constricting anger on her face would be almost unbearable.