PAST MISTAKES

Upstairs Clints ushers Arrow into his room, she pulls her arm from his grasp and starts walking around the room, she runs her fingers over his dresser and bed cover "Nice digs" she says "You did well for yourself Clint. Laura must be very happy."

"Seriously Arrow?" Clints says, exasperated "Thats what you start the conversation off as? Laura and I haven't been together in over 7 years, since before you and I..." Clint trails off

Arrow looks back at him, surprised "I thought you two got together after I left" Arrow shrugs "At least that's what she told me when I came looking for you."

"Since when do you believe anything Laura says?" He asks

"She had evidence, Clint" Arrow shoots back "And I saw the two of you with my own eyes!"

"What evidence?!"Clint exclaims "What did you see that had you running away and keeping Willow a secret from me?" Clint demands "Please just explain"

Arrow sighs heavily and faces Clint, her eyes heavy with sorrow "Two days after we were together,she came to me and showed me pictures of you in her bed" arrow began "They were time and date stamped, I was devastated and left town. Shortly after I found out I was pregnant with Willow, I came back. I wanted to tell you and give you a chance to be in her life, even if you didn't want to be in mine." She squares her shoulders as she remembers that day "What I found when I came back was the two of you kissing in your living room and something in me just broke and I just walked away, for good."

"Damn it, Arrow!" Clint explodes "I know exactly what pictures she showed you and what day that was you came back" He shakes his head "It was the last time I spoke to Laura, she came to see me and tried to get me back. I was frantic because we didnt know where you were and she kissed me." Clint looks hard at Arrow "She kissed me Arrow, I pushed her away and told her I wouldn't take her back, that I loved you!"

Arrows head snaps up as if she's been slapped, she stares at Clint, her heart racing a little too fast, he had never said those words to her not even in friendship, but still...

"What about the pictures Clint?" Arrow demands as she whirls away "It was your back, the tattoo on your shoulder that you got in Prague, the bow and arrow, please explain that?"

Clint only shakes his head, a little disappointed "You mean the same tattoo that my brother, the older version of me, got on the same shoulder?" He sighs heavily "She confessed everything she did, sleeping with my brother, taking the pics to make it seem like it was me, showing them to you." Clint lays a hand on Arrows shoulder, turning her to face him "I kicked her out but the damage was done, you had disappeared and we couldn't find you anywhere"

Arrow let all the new info sink in and the look of horror she gave him, nearly tore his heart in two, Arrows eyes fill as she sinks to the floor crying "Oh god, Oh god." She looks up at Clint with tear stained cheeks "Clint Im so sorry, I just saw the two of you together, and my heart broke into so many pieces. Im so sorry I ran, kept Willow from you" Arrows voice breaks on another sob "Oh god, Im so sorry"

Clint crouches down in front of Arrow "Hey, shh. Its okay, we will get through this." he gathers her in his arms and holds her close as she cries uncontrollably. After a while Arrows crying stops, shes exhausted and emotionally drained, heart sick over Willow and the events of the past that lead them to this moment. Arrow eases out of Clint's arms and tries to stand up, compose herself

"Im sorry, I just..." Arrow trails off as she gets dizzy

Clint reaches out and steadies her before she falls "When was the last time you slept or ate anything?" Clint lays a finger on her lips before she can respond "Im going to guess it was before Willow was taken" He takes her arm and leads her to his bed "Come on Darling"