·How They Say I Love You·

Ponyboy
Ponyboy always seems to fumble with his words when he tries to compliment you. Even thought you think it's cute, he still likes to write down his feelings in a way only HE can explain. You find a lot of cute little poems and notes in your coat pockets and bags.

"Roses are red violets are blue, this is cheesy, but I love you"

Johnny
Johnny can put a smile on your face no matter what situation. He always seems to have the perfect compliment that makes you instantly feel better. Usually it's sweet little nothings that he whispers to you while you're both escaping your home life at the lot.

"You look so beautiful under the stars...oh god I love you"

Sodapop
You have a younger sister who was born deaf, so you and the rest of your family learned sign language to communicate with your sister. When Sodapop learned that, he wanted to learn as well. So, he borrowed one of your sign language books, and learned to sign "I love you" to which he surprised you with his new ability when you were both sat on the Curtis's porch.

"Hey Y/N"🤘

"I love you too"

Steve
Steve thinks the whole "I love you" thing is cheesy, but you know he just thinks that because he doesn't want the gang to think he is going all mushy. So naturally, he finds the perfect time to tell you is when your in a heavy make-out session in his car.

"I love you,"

"Oh now you say it?"

"Yes. Now get your shoes off the dashboard."

Two-bit
Two-bit is all about love confessions. Which is probably why he told you he loved you on the 2nd date after a little too much booze and mickey mouse. We love him anyway.

"I think I love you more than Mickey..."

"Wow that means so much babe,"

Darry
Darry made the moment perfect when he first told you he loved you. He made a nice candlelight dinner, and brought you your favorite flower. Right as he tried to confessed a certain gang happened to walk in rather loudly.

"Y/N, I love y-"

"Hey y'all! Wow did you make us some too Darry?"

Dally
This man chose the perfect time to tell you his love for you right as he was punching the lights out of a soc. You both were currently in the middle of a rumble and Dally must've got his adrenaline rush to actually tell you he loved you.

"Take that tight ass- I love you Y/N!"